08| Slugs

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Sighing, I slowly made my way towards Eli, who was still on the couch playing with Banger and Burpy. Trixie and Mia was at their door upstairs, silently cheering me on from the doorframe, giving my thumbs ups and flexing their bicep muscles. I glared at them in return.

"This is stupid," I whispered to myself, Hero chirped in agreement, "and childish."

"Ales?" Eli called as he noticed me heading towards him. "How's Mia?"

"She's doing great!" I said, flashing a fake grin at him. "Look Eli, I have a favour to ask."

"Go for it," he said as he stopped playing with his slugs to give me his full attention.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Is it okay for me to live in Trix's room from now on?" I asked hurriedly. He sat up straight on the couch from my request, frowning at me.

"What? Why? Did I do anything-"

"No!" I drawled, "You didn't do anything wrong Eli, I just..." I was lost in words. I need an excuse, fast.

"I just want to, um... bond with Trix more!" I exclaimed, proud of the lie I had made up. "Yes! I want to bond with Trix more. I feel like I haven't had much meaningful conversation with her during my stay in the Shane hideout, and I reckon staying with her would help that!"

"Aren't you and Trix already staying under the same roof? You can still talk to her whenever you want. I don't see how this will help," he stated. My gaze fell on the ground, I bit my lips and played with my thumb.

Oh floppers. Think of another excuse! Think! Think!

He shrugged. "I'm just saying. If you really want to, I'm fine with it. It's just... it's a weird request I would say," he said.

Agreed.

"Sorry," I apologised for nothing. "Don't be," he said. "Where will Mia be staying then?"

"With you...?" I answered, more like questioned. Eli raised an eyebrow at me. He definitely suspected something, but decided not to bring it forward.

"Sure," he replied casually. "If you need help transferring your stuff over, don't hesitate to call me."

"I won't."

After Eli helped me moved out from his room, he helped Mia to move her stuff into his room while I hung out with Kord and Pronto downstairs.

"Once again! You should be extremely honoured to taste one of Pronto's magnificent dishes!" Pronto claimed, staring down at his plate, satisfied with his work.

"By magnificent dish, you mean raw eggs and burnt rice?" Kord questioned him, poking his plate with a fork spiritlessly.

"How dare you question my magnificent cooking skills! These eggs and rice are cooked to perfection!" Pronto defended, glaring at Kord.

"Yeah right," I mumbled, forcing the food down my throat.

Pronto, Kord and I were at the dinning area when Mia joined us. The dining table was rectangular, with Kord and Pronto sitting on one side, me on the another, and Mia sat on the side opposite to me. She took a glance at the lifeless plate in front of her and sighed.

"Pronto, you're cooking expertise is truly impressive," she said sarcastically as she rested a hand on Pronto's shoulder. "Perhaps a little too impressive for peasants like us to enjoy?"

"I agree!" Kord cried with a mouthful of rice. He quickly swallowed it and put a finger up to make his point. "Next time Pronto, just let Alessia and Mia do all the cooking. You don't deserve to do all the hard work, and should save your astonishing cooking expertise for special guests and occasions!" Kord said with a secret smirk.