44| First Day

After a goodnight rest, we reassembled at the meeting room, each chair was occupied. I was seated at the upfront seat, with Mia and Junjie seating by my left and right.

"Good morning everyone. I hope you had a good rest and came prepared with a plan to share," I said, not bothering to put on a smile. "Junjie and Master Lian, I would love to hear from you first, as your department is one of the vital ones."

"Sure," Junjie said and gave me a confident nod. "Since most people have not even master the basics, we will start with that and build our way up to mastery level. I think, through my master's and my experience of training up youngsters, the people will be prepared to go for war in time. In terms of arrangement of classes, I would like to ask a few slingers to coach."

"Do you have anyone in mind who is capable of coaching? It couldn't be anyone from this group since we also have our own responsibilities," I commented.

"Certainly no one from this team," Junjie answered patiently. "Master Lian and I worked out a list of people who would be suitable for the job. Most of them are Tad's goons, such as C.C., John Bull and many other outstanding slingers. Frost is one of the non-goon slingers, and when it comes to trainings for riding mechabeasts, we have our all time champion, Vance Bolt."

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Great work. Hope you are able to get in touch with the coaches as soon as possible. May I know when will be our first training?"

"We aim to have it this evening, right after lunch."

Junjie smiled at me, before we moved on and discussed on other matters.

"Trixie, you are in charge of food and shelter. May I know how's that going, please?"

"I spoke to Mario Bravado last night and he agreed to help out in the food department. He claimed that he himself and his speedstinger can prepare hundreds of meals in a few minutes, but just to be safe, I reckon it's best for those who are not going to battle and know how to cook to help out in the kitchen hideout."

She then looked at Junjie, and he continued after her.

"Master Lian, Trixie and I have discussed about this matter yesterday, and we think it should be compulsory for men who are in between eighteen and thirty-five years of age to go to war, the others can decide for themselves if they want to join," Junjie explained.

"Which means that the elderly should be able to help out in the kitchen," Trixie added. I nodded at them, trying to absorb every piece of information. "What about shelter?"

"I have worked with Millard and we came out with a proposal of the list of people staying in each hideouts. We aimed to place all the training slingers together, that way they could be more efficient in training. The rest we will make a few hideouts for boys-only and the others for girls-only."

"I love that idea. This could maximise our efficiency. The guards can stay together as well!" Millard added.

"Same goes to the chefs!"

"And the scientists and the manufacturers!"

"No."

Every pair of eyes was on Junjie.

"After a tiring day of work, they should be able to return to their families," Junjie said sternly.

"Agreed. Family always comes first," I supported his idea, and he nodded at me.

"Now that you mentioned, yes I will make the necessary arrangements," Trixie said as she jolted down notes on a piece of paper.

"Thank you," I smiled. "Mia?"