51| United

I felt a weight on Dalinda as she descended slightly before a force hit the eel on top of us away. I groaned as I felt the blades being pulled out from my body, leaving behind three deep gashes down my back. I breathed heavily, regaining my consciousness, before I turned my head around to assess the situation.

It was Master Lian. She was standing on Dalinda behind me and firing at the eels that were clinging onto us, but her attempts were fruitlessly. When she saw me looking at her, she stopped firing and shot me a caring look.

"Alessia! Take my energy! You'll need it to-"

My heart dropped when I saw her went speechless. Her face lost its colour and her eyes widened in shock. She looked down on herself, before a tentacle blade sprung out of her chest, blood splattered all over us.

"No... No!" I yelled, trying to reach out to her, but the pain on my back restrained me. My body was numb. I couldn't move.

She looked up at me. Her pale cyan energy left her body. I watched as her breath left her body with her last words.

"Ales, remember who you are."

The eel below us pulled back it's tentacle, carrying Master Lian's body with it. She was thrown out of Dalinda.

"NO!"

I collapsed onto Dalinda in tears. My eyes were shut as tears ran down my cheeks. My palms turned into fists as I let out a furious scream. I was not able to withstand the anger inside me.

First they took Eli, and now Master Lian.

They are going to pay for this.

My eyelids ascended when I noticed a bright light shining through my eyelids. With the three eels still holding onto Dalinda, she shut her eyes and crawled into a ball. The ancient markings that were on her body let out a strong cyan light, resembling the colour of slug energy. Her body was so tensed up, I could feel her body gradually becoming stiffer and warmer as she clutched.

She let out a ground shaking roar before she opened her jaw, shooting out a ray of slug energy, demolishing every eel that was in the way and healing every ghoul, including the ghouled Pieper, who was then cluelessly flapping its wings in midair.

The eels surrounding Dalinda immediately released her, and she turned around to attack them with the same ray of slug energy, bringing them to their demise. She swung her head in a full 360, killing every eel that was left soaring the air.

"Dalinda!" I cried out, unable to process what just happened. It was like she had changed her skin. Her white body was covered with ancient markings, each line had a strong blue glow to it. The muscle on her body was toner, and her wings were flapping with more power. She turned her head around and smirked at me.

I smiled. She was still my Dalinda.

I truly do not know my mechabeast.

"S-Shadow Clan!" Millard yelled into the earpiece before I spotted the Shadow Clan lunging towards our enemy on all fours from the east, firing slugs with their tails at Blakk's army, aiming specifically at the incoming Behemoths and Unstoppable Warriors.

Dark spots and sparkles formed before my face, and the leader of the Shadow Clan teleported onto Dalinda before me. He stood on his rear legs, staring down at me.

"Alessia, protector of the 99 caverns, we sensed the strong slug energy released from you," he drawled, noticing the battleground below us.

"Are walk-ins allowed today?" he asked in a serious tone.

Did he really not realise that that was a joke?

"Yes! Yes! Everyone is welcome! Please! We need all the help we can get!" I cried out to him while the Arachnets in the slug carriers crawled out and helped to seal up my wounds, since the Boon Docs were saved for healing ghouls and other injured soldiers.