52| Come Back To Me

The sounds of the bombardments and cries from the battlefield diminished instantly.

The contrasting features he acquired were foreign to my eyes. His pale, greenish skin, his huge horns that grew out of his massive arms, his pointy ears and dark veins that were so visible under his cold skin.

Even his eyes, his ocean blue eyes, were now evil red.

At that instant, a wave of hurt and disbelieve washed over me. The man I grieved for was alive and dead at the same time. His eyes filled with anger and vengeance. He wasn't the Eli I know.

"He cannot hear you," the Goon drawled, perching on his shoulder. He even struggled to take a step forward. He was a literal walking corpse.

"Eli..."

I took a step forward, and then another, and another, beating alongside my weary heartbeat. My mind was blank. I didn't know what to do. 

"Do you know what your weakness is?" he smirked at me. "He is, and I'm going to use him against you. You're not going to kill him, and that is exactly how, the leader of Slugterra will fall."

His deepened voice was so real to me, but they never registered in my mind.

"Admit it, Alessia. I won. You are going to pay for everything you have done to my army," the Goon scowled.

He was right. He won.

I froze in tracks. My palms found their way beside me head and I took off my helmet, dropping it to the ground. He watched as I took off the rest of my armour, ignoring the painful scratches on my open wound while I do so.

"I'm not going to fight you," I said, staring straight into his deadly eyes, throwing the armour to the ground. His frown turned into an evil smirk. His muscles tensed up before he lunged at me, and tackled me to the ground.

Tiny broken glasses pierced into my back, worsening the cuts. He pushed me down by my shoulder. Pinning me to the ground, his accursed eyes laid on me unsparingly. I kept my eyes shut, enduring the agonising pain from his injurious punches on my abdomen and jaw.

The waterworks made an appearance at the thought of losing him again. I had gone through so much in life, even death, but seeing him in this state was just unbearable, and I am willing to give up everything to turn things around.

My eyelids ascended hesitantly when he stopped hurting me. He grinned evilly down at me, with a large piece of broken glass in his hand. He held onto it so tightly that it was cutting through his own skin. Blood coated the black-stained glass.

"You have caused me so much trouble! We fall because of you!" he raged, clenching on the glass even harder, causing more blood to spatter. "I will kill you!"

"Do it then," I whispered, a tear rolled down my cheek and I rested my eyes for the final time. "Because you are my everything, and I'm with you no matter what."

In the darkness, I awaited my demise.

Nothing happened.

The glass shattered.

My eyes flung opened when he let out a chilling scream. His back arched almost paranormally, before he fell backwards to the ground. His eyes shut tight, his veiny hands pulled strongly on his raven blue hair.

"Get out of my head!"

My heart dropped to the ground.

It was his voice.

"Eli!" I screamed.

I wanted to run to him, to be in his arms again, but my body was failing me. Every inch of pain was pulling me down.

Key To My Heart || SlugterraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara