55| Dinner

"Done!" I exclaimed with a wide smile, looking down at the tray of fries on the kitchen top before me. Every single fry was in the exact same size, fried to the perfect golden brown colour.

My new slug, Naja, that was perching on my shoulder, chuckled adorably at my success. He was the ghouled Pieper slug that was healed during the war.

Yes, it's a he.

"Great job!" Will turned around to smile at me, allowing his gaze to leave his pieces of steaks for just a second. I placed the tray on the table for them to cool and took off my kitchen gloves, before walking towards him.

"Smells so nice... and looks good too!" I praised as I could feel saliva forming in my mouth. The pieces of steaks in his large pan were extremely appealing.

"What about these?" Junjie asked from the other side of the kitchen. I turned around and my eyes met his beautiful brown ones. I chuckled, before jogging to him.

Looking down at his pan, I inhaled the incredible smell emitted from his dish. He was pan-frying some dumplings for us.

"This is torture for my stomach," I said as my stomach growled. Junjie laughed before he picked one of the dumplings up with a pair of chopstick and took a bite, eating half of it.

"How does it taste?" I asked him. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Try it yourself," he said as he brought the other half piece in front of mouth with his chopsticks. My stomach couldn't handle the temptation and I ate it in one bite. Marvelous flavours burst in my mouth as I chewed it.

I almost moaned from his dumplings. It was that good.

"It's awesome," I said, smiling from ear to ear.

I am certainly going to eat every single piece of dumplings in this small ass pan later.

"I can tell," he said with a small smirk.

He knows his food is good.

"By the way," I mumbled after swallowing the food in my mouth. "You doing okay?"

Junjie let out a soft sigh, his gaze fixed on the dumplings as he flipped them.

"Yeah, a lot better than yesterday. Don't worry about me, Ales. Growing up I was trained to control my emotions and now I feel alright," he said, finally looking at me with a smile. "My master is at a much better place now. I couldn't be any happier."

I reached out an arm for his waist, giving him a side hug, and he returned it with an arm around my shoulders. His other hand was occupied with his cooking.

There was a small silence in the kitchen and I looked up at him to try and read him. He had on a straight face, but it was obvious that he was forcing it. As if he could tell that I was trying to study him, he leaned into me and whispered into my ear.

"He's gonna kill me, isn't he?" he asked before he quickly pulled away from me and casually flipped the dumplings in his pan.

"What?" I asked, before turning around to see Eli by the kitchen door. His hand was resting on the handle of his blaster, firmly gripping it as he glared daggers at our direction, but when he saw me looking at him, he quickly smiled and released his grip on his blaster.

I didn't even notice Eli was there this entire time.

Junjie and his mastery level Slugfu is truly bizarre.

"Yeah. You're dead," I mumbled underneath my breath so that only Junjie and I can hear, and we shared a laugh. At the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw Eli rolled his eyes at us when he saw us laughing.