21| Intense Slug Hunting

Thank you for 2k reads and 100 votes on the same day! Luv you guys so much 🥺

...
The once peaceful, rather spooky forest was disturbed by the multitudes of gunfire. With a smirk pasted across my face, I loaded my staff blaster with Spikey and Rox, and fired them simultaneously at the moving target in front of me. Spikey megamorphed and shot spikes towards the transforming Hop Rock, before Rox carried the newly formed weapons towards the wagon with yellow radiation coming out from each spikes.

"Needle slotter!" Tad's goon exclaimed in fear before Rox sent the molten-hot needles slamming into his mecha, forcing it to collapse. The goon fled the scene by foot as Taser hopped into one end of my blaster, reading my mind. I brought Dalinda into a halt and fired Taser at the wagon. She megamorphed and let out a bolt of electricity at the carriage, releasing the captured slugs from the slug carriers without hurting them.

An accomplished smile crept up my face as I pressed onto my earpiece to update the rest of the gang on my progress.

"Target clear," I spoke into the earpiece as the three fired slugs hopped onto my shoulders and returned to my backpack.

"We are NOT clear!" I heard Pronto yelled into his earpiece as a gunfire sounded at the background.

"On it," I replied. Dalinda's rear legs retracted, before she leaped into midair, extended her majestic wings and soared. Funnel and Annabelle came out of my backpack and perched on my shoulders, chirping excitedly as we scouted the area like an eagle.

A familiar high-pitched yelp sounded from a distance and I swerved towards it. And soon after, Pronto and Mia came into sight. They were chasing after another wagon full of slug carriers, bombarding it with megamorphs, but the vehicle wasn't stopping. Three goons stood on top of the wagon, firing at Mia and Pronto, while one goon was on a Hyena mecha that was attached to the carriage.

"Ready to have some fun?" I asked the slugs on my shoulders and they gave me a confident nod. I spun my blaster slowly in midair and they loaded themselves up by hopping into each end of the weapon, and I fired them towards the wagon from above, taking them by surprise.

Funnel megamorphed and shot two webs; one successfully tied the four limbs of the Hyena mecha, and the other hit the rider off his mecha. Annabelle hit the three goons on the vehicle, which gave them false visions and extreme fear. After the goons ran away, Mia and Pronto reached the vehicle and hurriedly released all the slugs.

I landed Dalinda right next to them and smiled. "Good job," I said to Mia and Pronto.

"Thanks, even though you're the one who brought it down," Mia said and returned the smile.

"Of course, you're most welcome. Once again, Pronto the Almighty saved the day with his excellent skills and profound wisdom!" Pronto proclaimed as Mia and I shook our heads.

They mounted their respective mechas after ensuring all the slugs were free. Mia pressed onto her earpiece and spoke into it.

"We're settled, all thanks to Ales," Mia said as she gave me a wink. "How are you guys doing?"

"Piece of cake," Eli spoke through his earpiece and I let out a small laugh. "Kord? Trix?" Eli asked.

There was no reply.

"Uh... guys?" Eli spoke again.

"We went into a little problem just now," Kord said, his voice was cracking and I furrowed my brows. "They got away with around five carriers."

"That's about two hundred slugs," Trixie added soon after.

"It's okay, it's not your fault at all. We all know that you two have done your very best to stop them. At least both of you are fine," Eli said.