06| Truth or Dare

Here's a picture of Burpy, he said hi :D

Eli's pov
With a tiny burning sensation on my cheek, I woke up from my nap and was welcomed by Burpy. He was staring straight down at me with his signature smiley face.

"Hey Burpy... what's up?" I asked sleepily and yawned. He chirped and gave me a weird smirk. I just stared at him.

Burpy is definitely up to something, but I was too tired to care.

I sat up from my bed, stretched my back, and swung my legs over the side of the bed. My eyes landed on the clock on the wall, it read 9pm.

I raised an eyebrow at nothing in particular. "I wonder what the rest are up to," I mumbled under my breath, noticing the absence of light protruding through the bottom of my door. Usually at this point in time, Trix and Kord would still be gaming in the living room, but tonight the common area was suspiciously quiet.

I shrugged.

They probably went to bed early after the stressful experience we had earlier today.

The near death experience.

I couldn't believe I led them into Tad's trap.

I was so stupid. If it wasn't because of Ali- Alessia and Mia, the Shane Gang would be dead and Slugterra will be left unprotected.

And I would have broke my promise with Alessia, that I will come back for her.

I sighed.

Enough of this. What happened, happened. Learn from it and move on.

And can we talk about how Alessia's name is the same as hers? What a weird coincidence.

I stood up and headed for the bathroom. After switching on the lights, I examined myself in the mirror, and rolled my eyes after a huge sigh.

"BURPY! NOT AGAIN!?" I yelled and Burpy's chuckles could be heard from a mile away. As you might have guessed, he drew a moustache on me, again. I looked at Burpy in annoyance as he laughed until he dropped on my bed.

A smirk slowly creeped up my face.

"Hey bud, it's been a long time since you last had a relaxing, warm water bath, huh?" I asked. His tiny eyes widened and he gasped.

"GET OVER HERE BURPY!" I screamed and he ran out of my room through the little gap under my door. I ran out of the bathroom and burst opened my bedroom door. It was pitch-black, not even a single light was on.

"Where is everybody?" I thought aloud as I walked down the stairs in the dark. I headed to the switches and was about to turn on the lights when I heard Burpy lit his head on fire behind me.

I turned around with a smirk, thinking I finally got him, but what laid in front of my eyes was not what I expected at all.

"HAPPY BELATED EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY, ELI!" everyone screamed and I put on the biggest smile at the surprise. The common area was decorated with ribbons and balloons of various sizes and vibrant colours, with a banner hanged across the room saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELI!'. All the slugs were present, wearing tiny party hats and chirping so loudly. My eyes left the surrounding slugs and landed on Burpy. He was smiling so cutely, and I noticed that he was standing on a small birthday cake.

Through the dim reddish-orange light, I saw her smile.

Alessia, she was smiling so sweetly. She stood in the middle with the cake in her hands, and Mia and the rest of the gang was beside her, cheering for me with their human-sized party hats.