Ceremony

Wally stood at home looking in his mirror he looked nice in his suit, he sat on the front steps waiting for his uncle to come by and pick him up in a justice league limousine. The fresh spring air made him feel happy and joyful he felt like it was a new beginning on the first day of spring it was pretty warm he loved it.

The sleek black limousine pulled up he poked his head inside his house and told his parents Barry was here, they all walked out wearing something fancy and got in the car. He looked at him and smiled. "This is amazing were being awarded!"Wally said with an excitement, on the way there he stared out the window looking at the passing houses.

Artemis arrived with Green Arrow shortly after Wally, news reporters engulfed her car she rolled down the window and said hi. Her mother smiled in the back of the limousine over powered with joy, but she didn't want to be seen by the news reporters so she pulled a cloak over her head.

They pulled into the ribboned off parking lot and Artemis got out wearing a nice spring dress, it was made up of soft colors it was very beautiful just like her dress from the previous night. She saw Wally first and ran over to him and gave him a hug. "Hey Wally..."she mumbled and let go looking at him.

He smiled softly and bit his lip looking at her in front of him her dress was pretty he liked how the colors went with her skin. "You look nice Arty"he said stepping back to examine her she smiled and shook her head softly. "So do you"she said fixing the ribbon in her hair.

They both turned around when they heard Robin getting out he ran over to them, still with his mask on, Batman was really into the secret identity thing it was ridiculous at this point everyone knew the team by their real names even the press, expect no one knew Robin's. "Hey guys!"he smiled putting his arm around Wally in a friendly way.

Wally messed up his hair and smirked. "Hey Dove"he said in a teasing tone Robin bit his lip and shook his head. "Really is dove my new nickname? And the hair come on dude."he whined and Artemis chuckled.

"It's not funny guys Alfred did my hair you think me and Bats actually know how to style our hair? We don't Alfred does it for us"he said and they both started laughing at him hysterically. "Finally something the Bats doesn't know "Artemis said and glanced over at Batman who was shaking her mothers hand and talking with her she bit her lip softly and looked around.

The rest of the team arrived SuperBoy came out of a car with Superman and walked over shaking his head softly, he looked down when he stood with his friends, Walky noticed his down behavior and hit his shoulder in a friendly way. "You alright?"he asked looking at SuperBoy.

He nodded and looked at Wally SuperMan had given him a mouthful in the car. "Yeah...I just wish SuperMan accepted me..."he frowned and they all got quiet. "He's just an ass sometimes don't listen to him."Artemis said and everyone else agreed.

Artemis's mom wheeled over and looked at all of them with a soft smile, she felt uncomfortable around so many junior heroes who have already done so much more than her at such a young age. "Who's the ginger boy I noticed you hugged him out of everyone else" she smiled and looked at them.

Artemis blushed a little but it was hidden under some make up her mom put on her, she was thankful for make up for once. "He's my friend...he's KidFlash we have a weird relationship, plus when everyone else arrived we were engulfed in conversation"she smiled covering up. She introduced the rest of her team mates to her mother and soon they were called onstage.

Wally climbed on stage very excited he loved the publicity but he could tell that Artemis didn't like it as much, she was very nervous her palms were sweating and while walking up he could see her legs shaking. They all lined up from Aqua Lad first to Zatanna last Wally war right next to Artemis. "It'll be alright..."he whispered softly she nodded her head but didn't say anything back. They were all wearing masks to hide their identity.

Each of them said a speech as the lights flashed of people taking pictures. They stepped back and there mentors said something also handing out ribbons to them they took them proudly now it was time for the real awards. "For Artemis, for being the brave one...risking everything for her team mates"Batman said and gave her the trophy.

After everyone got one an award was time for a group photo, Wally swept Artemis off her feet and kissed her the crowd roared and Robin jumped up and down when he saw the kiss it finally happened Robin knew it.

Cheshire stood in the back of the crowd leaning against a pole in the park she smiled to herself watching with binoculars. "Well lil' sis if your going to the good side I'm proud of it you got the best award..."she mumbled to herself and ran off.