Cold As Ice

After Robin walked out Wally wanted to follow but didn't. Instead he walked off to the showers first stopping at his room. He walked by Artemis's room to find she wasn't in there so he took the chance to walk in. Grabbing the door knob he looked around before closing it and began to search for any thing that could explain her additude.

Robin gulped as he poked the archers back afraid of any outlash he'd get. She turned around and looked at Robin.

"Hey Artemis....is there anything you want to talk about?"Robin asked gesturing his hand.

"No not really"she said crossing her arms. "Why do you ask?"she said softly afraid of the answer.

"Well uh you see Wally was upset about what you said earlier... He told me so I was just going to talk to you about it"Robin said while shrugging.

Artemis's eyes softened but then she stiffened. "Look Robin you're not Kaldur you can't speak to me about team issues. But by the way what I said was most likely true he is no help"She walked away after saying that as if it didn't matter.

Robin stood there dumbfounded he had to take this issue to Kaldur; couldn't have them two fighting. This is the last straw they have never been this bad he thought.

Wally was shuffeling through Artemis's drawers. He opened one drawer and to his surprise her undergarments were in it. Wally's eyes winded and his cheeks flushed he shut it and looked around. He saw a bin under her bed and rushed to it, pulling it out. The label read family and tips. Wally bit his lip questioningly.

Kaldur saw Robin coming and smiled "hello my friend what do you need?"he asked.

Robin nodded in response "more like something you could say to Batman..."he sighed looking at Kaldur.

"What is the problem?"Kaldur asked examning his team mate.

"Wally and Artemis they've gotten worse,this could affect us on a mission. It needs to be sorted out. I guess they were throwing insults back and forth and Artemis said the your not a real speedster thing to Wally"he said looking at Kaldur in the eyes.

Kaldur was taken by surprise "uahh yes my friend I will report to Batman till then make sure they don't get into anymore fights"he said. Robin nodded and accepted responsibility.

Artemis turned the handle on her door which Wally did not hear. Just as he was about to lift the rim to the box she yelled. "Kid idiot! What are you doing in here get out!"she screamed harshly and walked over shoving him out of the way.

Wally fell back against the bedside table smashing into it causing a glass to fall on his head. He cringed as it crashed and fell into a million peices. Ice water dripped down his hair onto his nose. "I'm sorry Arty I didn't know your family was so sensitive to you..."he mumbled feeling very sorry.

Artemis shook her head. "It's a sensitive subject that's right, Wally so I'd like it if you stayed out of my room! And never talk to me again. Unless we're on misson"she said in a weak whisper, cold as ice. By then M'gann had heard the commotion.

M'gann gasped when she saw Wally crumpled in the corner rubbing his head. She flew over to him and kneeled down ignoring Artemis. "Artemis what have you done to Wally?!"she asked. Superboy heard ran down the hall calling for Robin and Kaldur.

Wally shook his head. "No...its not her fault"he mumbled giving Artemis an apologetic look.

Artemis shook her head. "That's right it isn't my fault! Not what so ever. Maybe if you weren't snooping around in my personal buisnnes you wouldn't be crashed against the table!"she yelled, upset, trying to contain herself.

M'gann was taken back "its okay Artemis calm down"she said reaching out to touch her hand.

"No!get out you two, get out!"she screamed looking Wally in the eyes.

Superboy walked in and looked at Wally. "Oh my gosh Wally! Artemis you hurt him his head is bleeding, teammates don't do that "he said angrily and walked over helping Wally up.

Artemis nodded and held back tears. "I know they don't! "She screamed even louder. "I didn't mean to I-I just...."she rambled off. "I don't know"she said walking out of the room quickly as Superboy gave his disapproving look.

Artemis walked by knocking Kaldurs shoulder. He turned his head towards Robin. "Go get her story and calm her down. I'll get Wally's "Kaldur said and walked in glancing at Wally.

Robin nodded and took down the hall way after her. By the time Robin got close she had walked out the Zeta Tube.

"What happened Wally?"he asked taking a seat in a chair crossing his arms.

"Well really it went like this... me and Artemis we're fighting earlier. Then I wanted to learn more about her....so I searched her room for clues...I saw this box and it alarmed her she went into a protective rage"Wally said glancing at the box.

Kaldur followed Wally's glance and stifftened like ice. "Oh yes I see I'd like to ask you guys to step out of the room"He said Superboy and M'gann nodded helping Wally out closing the door behind them.

Robin as well went through the Zeta tube, in search of Artemis. While Kaldur looked through the box of secrets him and Robin only knew.

Artemis sat in the sand at the beach with her head in her knees. She was crying a terrible cry. I can't handle this anymore she thought I'm not a good guy...I can't do anything right I'm a villain I was born one I'll always be one. She sighed and whispered to herself. "Dad was right so was Cheshire... But I can't go back they'll hate me they won't trust me. I'm alone I have no place to go"

Robin found her and sat down next to her. "Artemis don't cry...it'll be alright "he explained. "Just let me hear your part of the story."he said.

Artemis nodded. "It was me I attacked first and I said all those things to Wally so its my fault he did nothing"she said.

Just then Robin got a call from Kaldur to go back inside and he got up brushing off sand. "Okay thank you"he said and walked to mount justice.