I deserve to Die

I deserve to die Artemis thought to herself facing Black Canary and Wally in a circle. When you make that mental actuation 'I deserve to die' there is no way in stopping the evil that takes over. It transform you makes you do things you wouldn't do,and that's happened today.

Black Canary glanced at the two quiet teens, which was unfamiliar for them they'd usually be biting each others heads off, or use to. She let out a deep sigh and started to speak. "So would you two want to go first or anything...?"she asked with praying eyes.

Wally and Artemis looked at each other making eye contact but not saying anything. They both shook their heads at the same time.

"Okay well..."Black Canary said. "I'll begin. When something dramatic like this happens...people tend to act irrational or keep to themselves. But keeping thoughts inside can hurt. A lot it affects you first but then it hurts everyone else. It could lead to depression. You two this is not your faults this was meant to happen. This iccident could open up doors and deeper meaning than ever before."she said hoping to get them talking.

Artemis fixed her hair and bit her lip. She wanted to talk but couldn't there was such a restriction holding her back she didn't know where to begin. All she could think of was how crazy she would sound if she spoke of what was on her mind.

Wally slumped into his chair and spoke up. "Well I guess I just was concerned about Artemis and that's why I looked or tried to look through the bin. But now I know the truth about her family . I'm okay with it because the more I think about it Artemis is a good team mate. She took all the blame basically and she saved me on the mission."he said.

Artemis put her face in her hands. I killed my sister why do I even deserve to exist her malicious mind asked her. "Yeah...and I've felt bad...I mean I've felt this way before, like a monster but that day it was horrible I felt like it was my fault."she mumbled.

Wally shook his head. "Uh ah it wasn't. It was my fault. But I forgive you. And I know what you mean when you say you feel guilty. I feel like I caused all your suffering."he said glancing at her.

"No! Don't you ever say that again,Wally. What's wrong with you? To think that? You're suspose to be happy ,you're Wally. Don't  think what happened was because of you. You'll just end up like me"she said concern capturing her voice.

"Oh...okay"he said and ran his hand through his firey red hair smiling slightly noticing her tone.

Artemis sighed and got up. "I'm sorry I have to go"she said rushing towards the door. But Wally caught up to her grabbing her arm.

"Hey you can't go we're getting better stay and talk"he said begging her.

Artemis yanked her arm free. "No thank you Wally I've said enough."she said walking out the door slamming it with a bang. She ran down the hall to her room and closed and locked the door.

She swept to the floor rubbing her temples. Hot tears starting flowing down her cheeks. I can't take it I deserve to die but I don't have the strength to kill myself?! She thought. Your a wuss a wimp and pathetic if Cheshire saw you now...oh wait. The tears started flowing out rapidly at this point she couldn't contain the pain.

Wally glanced at Black Canary and took a seat. "What can I do now?"he asked. Remembering a few nights before he had kissed her forehead. How he wishes it could've been something more. Regretting she wasn't awake to see the encounter. She could've forgiven him. She could've seen that he really cares about her.

Black Canary looked at the anxious deserving boy. "You have to wait let her cool down and you can try again on you're own. Well go off to do whatever you want "she said getting up and walked to the door.

Wally sat in the room and sighed when she left. If I can't even get her to talk to me what makes me think she'll forgive me. Talking has to come first then forgiveness right?

Artemis paced around her room her sobs increasing swallowing her up. She grabbed a sharp object to her wrist and cut in slightly she needed the release and it felt good. She really wanted to take the cutting further but mentally couldn't make herself. So instead she bandaged it up and laid against her  pillow falling asleep from tiredness but not sleepy tiredness a sickening intoxicating tiredness.

Later that evening Black Canary reported about the scenario that had just happened when they we're talking to each other. "I just don't know any other way to fix this..."she said to Batman shaking her head.

Batman looked at her. "Well I do"he said shuffling papers around. "It'll be affective"he said hoping.

"Well what is that it?"she asked him taping his desk.

"The it is a simulator. But I'll set it up when Artemis is more physically fit so she won't get any unwanted side effects."he said sternly.

"Okay,sounds good it better work"BlackCanary said leaving his office.