Please Speak

Black Canary glanced at the solem girl and sighed tapping her clip board with a pen. "Artemis...you have to talk to me,please? You can't have this bundled up inside."she says.

Artemis sighs shifting uncomfortably in her chair. "Hi,see I talked to you"she said crossing her arms.

Black canary shook her head. "You know that's not what I'm looking for...I'm looking for you to express your feelings ,that helps"she says.

"I have expressed my feelings my feelings are nothing..."she says looking at her nails. "Honesty I just want to get better health wise so I can fight again"she says thinking about her father.

"Well first we're staring mentally"she said looking at Artemis.

Artemis rolls her eyes and gets up slowly from the chair. "I don't care what you want I'm doing what I want "she says and shakingly walks out of the room. She walked down the hallway dragging her fingers across the cold walls.

She got back to the medical room and laid in bed,she stared up at the ceiling tapping her fingers. She rung the beeper and asked for food.

Minutes later Aqua lad came in with a plate of food with Zatana. He waved at Artemis so did Zatana. Aqua lad placed the food in her lap. "This is Zatana"he said.

Zatana stuck out her hand glancing at Artemis's condition trying to ignore it. "Hi I'm Zatana! I'm your new team mate"she smiled.

Artemis shook her hand willingly. "I'm Artemis your team mate and that's all you have to know..."she said quietly.

Zatana took her hand away hesitantly and glanced at Aqua lad raising her eyebrow. Aqua lad pretended he hadn't noticed and he asked Zatana to leave. "Artemis...you can't punish everyone..."he says. "Zatana is a new team mate she hasn't done anything wrong yet...you have to give her a chance"he said.

"Who says I did or didn't?"she asked narrowing her eyes. "I only wanted my food and that's all. No visits from team mates or whatever especially visits from wally..."she said the last part wishing she hadn't

"Well sooner or later your going to have to face your fears...the teams gonna want to know about your freak out, there gonna wanna know why,so your gonna have to speak up about your family sooner or later"he said.

Artemis face shrunk. "You m-mean you know?"she asked quietly. Aqua lad nodded. "So does Robin and Wally..."he said walking out.

Artemis slumped down into the bed. She brought the pillow over her face and screamed into it,she was angry and upset. Of all the people Wally has to know...she says mentally. He must hate me...why an I concerned about that? Im not suppose to care or like him anymore he did this to meshe thought.

So much pressure on me to do the right thing she thought tearing at her hair. She got up and looked around. I need to get physically fit again so I can rejoin the team and leave all this behind me.

She hopped out of bed quietly. She walked to the door her feet pattering quietly she switched off the lights and turned the sign to read sleeping and she snuck off down the hall way to the gym.

As Artemis aproached the gym she looked through the glass walls to see Wally working out. Not wanting to he scene by him she flattened her body against the non-transparent wall.

A few minutes past and the boy cloaked with freckles left the training room not even seeming to notice Artemis. He hummed down the hall way and Artemis sighed a sigh of relief and snuck into the room.

She looked around and grabbed her bow and arrow off the rack. She could barely hold that but she pushed through the weak filling and pressed level one archery on the select screen. She knew she needed to start off here if she wanted to build up her strength.

She had finished level one and moved on to the second level and so forth. Finally she couldn't take it anymore and she hung up her bow and arrow leaning against the door she slumped over breathing heavy. She had pushed herself to hard and passed out.

In the morning of the next day Wally woke up not knowing Artemis was laying on the floor of the training room he got up and walked down there. It was early maybe 6:00 AM know one would be awake so he could take an hour and be fine.

He walked down the hall and got to the room. As he walked he thought he saw a pair of feet in the room but shook his head. I'm tired just my imagination he thought. He got to the door and tried opening it. But it wouldn't budge so he pushed on it. It finally relished and he looked down to see Artemis on the floor.

He gasped covering his mouth and knelt down. "Artemis..."he said tapping her shoulder. "Are you awake? Please speak to me if you are...I know your mad, but I'm sorry and I forgive you. Now I understand"he said but the girl didn't move expect for her faint breathing.

Wally sighed picking her up. She was lighter than he rembered probably because she was so frail. He straightened her bow and arrows on the rack like she use to,knowing that's how she liked it and carried her back to the room. He did that so know one would question her.

Wally opened the door with his foot and walked over to the bed. He laid her down gently and looked at her his eyes skimming her body. He took the faint green sheet and covered her body with it. He leaned down and kissed her forehead softly. "Get better my Archer"he said and walked out,wishing she had been awake for that moment but was also happy she was asleep so she wouldn't know about it.