Fire Drawn

Robin walked back into Artemis's room and closed the door behind him. He looked at Kaldur. "I've gotten her version of the story...it's her fault she said not to blame Wally"Robin said letting the last part linger. "All though Wally did intrude on Artemis...he almost found out her secret didn't he?"Robin asked glancing around at all the items scattered.

Kaldur nodded in response standing up. "Yes that is right Robin. Tell Artemis she is suspended from the team. Speedy is her replacement as of now. Batman's orders. Also Wally will have a talk with Batman"he said sternly. "Actually you should put in cameras to watch them...for when Artemis comes back. I'll have Wally go out and bring Artemis in to tell her the news"He informed Robin. Robin nodded "yes but couldn't that spark another rage."he asked. "Possibility is low she's weak...having a break will help". Kaldur said sympathetically.

Robin sighed. "But Kaldur isn't she a threat to Wally?"he asked. Kaldur shook his head. "No she isn't. "He informed. "But she is? That's why we're sending her out?"Robin asked. "She's a threat to a mission"Kaldur said.

Robin nodded understanding now and he went to Wally's room knocking on the door. Wally got up and answered pulling a hoodie over himself. "Yes Rob?"he asked looking at him. "Artemis....she's outside you have to inform her that she's suspended from the team and....Speedy will be her replacement Batman's orders"he said. Wally leaned on the door frame. "Fine "he frowned and walked past Robin to the beta tube.

Wally looked down as he walked for what ever reason he felt guilty this was his fault he thought. I made Artemis mad...and she took the blow for it...she's not so bad after all. Artemis is a true teammate when she comes back I will set things right.

Robin ran off to install the cameras. He grabbed them off a desk in his room and got to work quickly. Superboy went over to Wally and tapped his shoulder. "Uh Wally where are you going?"he asked.

Wally turned around. "Talking to Artemis...I have to, orders from Batman to Aqua Lad to Robin"he said and shrugged. Superboy shook his head. "Isn't that a bad idea?"he suggested. "I'm not the smartest guy here but I can see a problem when it's obvious."he said looking at M'gann and she nodded in agreement. "Well it shouldn't matter now...I'm making cookies for you Wally hurry up and they'll be ready!"M'gann squealed putting them in the oven. Superboy sighed as the boy left through the beta tube.

Artemis sat outside she broke down in tears again. She got up and walked to the ocean and walked against the water. Waves splashed her feet and she wiped her tears the water was cold it was October but she could care less. She felt salt water being sprayed every where and could taste it in her mouth. "I'm better dead than alive..."she sighed. "They got Speedy and that new girl coming in soon"she thought looking at her reflection in the waves. "I'm nothing "she said quietly.

Wally got on the beach and from a far he could see Artemis's silhouette. He walked over slowly he wasn't sure what he wanted to say so he wanted to approach her with more time in between. Each step was agnozing telling Artemis she was suspended because of him. Why am I so affected by this he thought? And damn does she look beautiful with her hair flowing...wait what?! Wally you're telling her she's leaving he thought scolding himself.

Wally finally got close and paused she was crying...her heavy breathing was enough to make his depressed mood come back. Why does she affect me so much? He thought the billionth time.

Wally tapped her shoulder and she turned around looking at him. "Wally!"she said through sobs. "Go away...I don't like when people see me like this...let alone you" she said backing up but fell on a rock splashing back into the water. She sat in the water and screamed she was packed with anxiety,depression and stress.

Wally being the person he was stuck out his hand Artemis would've protested if her whole bottom wasn't soaked,she grabbed his hand lacing her fingers around it and let him lift her up until she got back on her feet.