Later Days

Artemis and Wally had more conversations with Black Canary. They were starting to get back into the grove of liking each other. So today Batman decided it would be the perfect day to start the the simulation.

Wally leaned against a kitchen counter listening to music. The smashing pumpkins Stand inside your love. He tapped his foot to the music and hummed. Completely unaware that he was in a simulation.

Minutes later Artemis walked into the kitche she had begun the simulation also. She looked at Wally and waved. "Hey,take out your head phones. "She says hoping he'd hear.

Wally took out his headphones and cocked his head at her running his hands through his hair. "Yeah?"he asked.

"Where is everyone else?"she asked and admired when Wally dragged his hands through his hair.

"Oh there just out "He shrugged. "Nott here. it's only us"he winked jokingly.

Artemis rolled her eyes frustrated and walked away. She sat down on the couch and glanced at Wally in the kitchen and smiled at herself.

All of sudden there was a big bang and the lights flashed. She got up hesitantly and walked back to the kitchen. "Do you know what that was?!"she asked.

"N-no..."he said. "Well I'm gonna get in my suit just in case"he said and rushed to his room.

Artemis also ran to her room obviously slower because she didn't have super speed. She closed the door and started to get dressed.

Wally finished in a rush and pulled his mask over his face. He went to Artemis's room and peeked through the crack in the door. Her chest wasn't covered yet only by a bra and he smirked. Then he leaned against the wall waiting for her. "Hey how long does it take?'he asked and chuckled.

Artemis walked out and pushed his shoulder. "Shut up perv I saw you peeking"she said looking around for an intruder. She had her bow drawn ad she walked down the hallway towards a sound.

Wally followed behind her. "I was not peeking "he protested.

Artemis waved him off saying its not the time. She approached a door and flattened herself against the cold wall hearing talking through the doors. Her chest breathed in and out sharply.

People blasted through the door shooting guns. And Wally reacted from the corner of his eye he saw a bullet flying towards Artemis so he grabbed her throwing her to the ground and landing with her.

Artemis got up at first alarmed. "Hey!"she said drawing her bow but then lowered it putting out her hand and pulling him up. "You scared me!"she said and turned back to the gunmen.

Wally speeded at them. He headed for the knees and took one of them out. He grabbed the gun and repeatedly punched him. He showed the gun to the men to threaten them.

Artemis looked at him. "I think there everywhere let's split up"she said running off.

Wally nodded and sped off down the hall knocking into the guys. He saw guys filling in through the Beta tube and he bit his lip. Stepping back he stepped on someone's foot and shot them. He gasped then ran.

"I need help!"he heard Artemis yell from a distance. She shot her bow and arrow and dodged bullets. 

Wally ran through the door and took out a few guys. "Artemis!"he yelled rushing to her but it was to late a bullet went flying into her stomach and she fell to the ground.

Wally looked around there was only three guys left. He though quickly and grabbed Artemis's bow and flung it at the guys since it was metal. It took out one guy then he shot bullet in one guys shoulder and tied them all together in a split second. After his success he glanced at Artemis bleeding from her stomach.

Artemis watched as Wally bent down next to her. She frowned breathing heavy and winced as he covered the bullet wound. She watched his hand and her eyes started water. "I always thought I wanted to die...but not like this. On my own terms how I like and defiantly not with you watching.'she said breathlessly.

Wally shook his head. "Please no,don't say that you're nor gonna die Arty"he said applying pressure. He tried radioing in but got no response. "Oh god oh god"he cried when the receiver did nothing. Wally looked down at her and took off his shirt his abs showing he tried tying his shirt around her wound.

Artemis glanced at his abs and blushed a light pink. "Wally! Stop I'm gonna die so give up!"she yelled at him pushing his hand off.

Wally pulled his hand away shocked. "I'm not just gonna give up"he said trying to put his hand back but she hit chest.

"Wally stop!"she protested taking her hand off his chest trying to sit up. "I'm f-fine"she said and began to cry.

Wally's eyes watered also. "No your not! I'm not letting the girl I like die!"he said then blushed. "I mean love...I mean"he said. "Your my favorite teamate"he said biting his lip looking away.

Artemis's eyes sparkled and she locked eyes with him. "No,don't look away. What did you just say?"she asked sounding weaker and weaker by the second.

"No nothing... Nothing never mind"he said and pulled her limp body into his lap and felt her head against his chest. He looked down at her as she didn't look up her hair was covering her eyes and her breathing was becoming weak. "I never thought this...would happen to you"he said.

Artemis only nodded. "Me either...but I'm lucky it's with you. We've always had our problems but it made this teammate thing special for us"she mumbled. The world starting going black and she felt stars then it stopped.