Training Room

Artemis glanced at Wally while she left the room silently. She hung her head low in defeat and disgust, I really took it to far this time she thought. Wally didn't know my past so I can't be mad at him for what ever comments he made. Also I guess if one of us doesn't change we'll just have to learn to deal with each other.

She sighed and walked into the the training room. Artemis walked into the center and it lit up announcing her name throughout the speakers, She grabbed her equipment and began. Dummies of villians popped up some including her family. When she saw the one of her sister Cheshire she froze but shot it. Its only fake she thought you'll never encounter her on any other missions.

Wally sighed and shoved the cookies aside or what was left. He was angry he could never do anything right around Artemis she's always angry, never happy. She's just a bitch Wally he thought don't let her guilty looks make you feel bad she did replace speedy. Wally wrapped up the cookies walking to the training room he passed super boy and stopped.

"Hey uh buddy...M'gann left some cookies for you...but I ate them."he said and Superboy just nodded not really sure what to say as he walked away from the speedster.

Artemis was moving back and forth in between dummies she dodged objects being thrown at her. Of course these objects weren't going to hurt her but she didn't want to fail. Sportsmater (her dad) taught her be tough! You have to be perfectn, failure results in injury. She got hit and the speakers announced "Artemis fail." She sighed and wiped her eyebrow throwing an arrow down and reloaded beginning the section over again.

Wally walked into the training room with out his shirt on. He had a slight six pack nothing too over the top and biceps. He looked at Artemis and raised his eyebrows examining her stances she seemed upset he thought she looks like she's beating herself up.

Wally looked down and dragged his fingers through his fiery red hair. He began approaching her but of course as soon as Wally stepped onto the platform it announced his name.

Artemis turned around quickly with her bow drawn letting it go by accident she shrieked. Wally was out of the way in seconds and it went flying into the wall puncturing it.

Artemis sighed glancing at the shirtless boy and the mount of freakles littering his shoulders. "Kid idiot! "she said stomping her foot. "I could've killed you"she said glaring.

Wally only laughed. "But you didn't right? and I'm to fast for you."

Artemis rolled her eyes. "Hey look at this nice puncture hole you could really do some damage with these. "he said with a quirk and looked through the hole.

"Yeah...thanks look Uhm Wally"she said rubbing her arm uncomfortably.

Wally turned around at the use of his name she usually used his real name for important stuff. "yeah?"he asked.

"I'm sorry for what I said...about the speedster thing it was wrong. You're actually good"she shrugged anxiety and guilt laced her voice. Artemis hated apologizing another thing her father taught her don't be sorry.

Wally noticed and nodded. "It was nothing though"he tried reassuring her plastering his smile across his face.

Artemis shook her head. "No it was cruel and uncalled for I..."

Wally wouldn't let her finish he cut her off. "its fine, don't beat yourself up about it"he said and patted her shoulder heading towards the weights.

Artemis nodded as his touch left her shoulder. Right she thought and walked out of the training room. She hung her training equipment up on the rack and let her hair down. She closed the door and sighed leaning against the door then walking off to take a shower.

Wally looked at his reflection through the mirrors well he thought if I'm not fast enough for Artemis maybe having a little more muscle will help. He sat down on the chair and laid back taking a 90 pound weight lifting it ten times then letting it drop. He continued doing this several times then moved on to pull ups he got many of those in seconds finally tired at 200 and laid back wiping sweat.

Robin had been watching from the door leaning quietly. He sighed watching his buddy pushing to hard. Robin had learned the way the floor worked so he walked across with out setting it off. He pulled himself over a pull up bar then spun himself over landing infront of Wally giving him a spook.Wally looked up at him. "Hey KF...I think your really pushing yourself...give it a break for today. A buddy looking out for his pal"Robin said extending his hand out and Wally grabbed it getting up. Wally stood up towering over the fourteen year old boy.

"Thank you Rob"he said and looked at him. "I'm just the least talented of the group...I mean I don't do anything I'm not a real speedster. "Wally said and frowned. "I mean your a spy and smart....you do gymnastics what you do is cool you can do things most can't."

Robin was taken back by Wally's depressed mood. "What no! Wally your good you're our scientist, our speedster whoever said that lied. Who did it?"Robin asked.

"Artemis"Wally mumbled feeling some what guilty for saying the truth.

"Oh really? Wow I didn't think Artemis would say something that bad....Maybe Superboy sense he can't control himself but not her..I geuss I'll go talk to her"he said disappearing before Wally could protest.