the first patrol

as the school day came to an end, i couldn't help the anxiety and excitement that flooded through me. aizawa told me that he'd take me out patrolling tonight as a way to start off my internship, so i was feeling a multitude of things.

stop saying big words in your thoughts, it's dumb. i'm the only one that can hear them, you dipshit

"shut up," i say to the parasite, grabbing the container behind aizawa's desk that held my hero outfit. the man had told me beforehand that he'd leave it there for when school was over so that we wouldn't be bothered having to waste time getting it out of the things they were stored in with the others.

heading back to my dorm, i put my school things down and get changed into the outfit, letting out a sigh at the growing familiarity of it. even though we haven't used our costumes all that many times, i've gotten used to mine, and it's got a cozy feel to it, now. i sit down to try and get some homework done before i have to head back to campus to meet with aizawa, but there's a knock on the door that stops me from finishing the problem i'd started.

raising an eyebrow, i head over to the door and unlock it before opening it. i smile slightly once seeing mina and momo standing there, both girls grinning at me in return.

"rin-chan! we were gonna have a movie night, just us girls! wanna come join?" the pink girl asks joyfully, but i give a sad smile in response, dimming their moods.

"i'm really sorry, but i'm heading out tonight for my internship. aizawa-sensei is taking me on patrol." both girls go wide eyed, momo questioning, "you're interning with aizawa-sensei?"

i nod. "yep. i asked yesterday, and he got permission from the school, so he'll be showing me his patrol routine tonight. tell kyoka and toru-chan that i'm sorry. maybe another time, and with ochaco-chan and tsu-chan back, too."

they nod, each sending me one more smile before leaving. i check my phone to see the time, only to curse and head back over to my desk to grab the newest addition to my costume.

i reach the teachers lounge soon enough, nervously sliding open the door. i enter slowly, bowing when midnight and cementoss both turn to see who was at the door. they nod, the woman smiling at me, and i look around for my homeroom teacher. since i couldn't see him, i head over to the couch to wait for him.

a couple minutes later, the greasy looking man comes into the lounge. his eyes look over the room before landing on me, and we share of a nod of acknowledgment. he moves towards his desk, grabbing the goggles of his costume that were casually laying on the surface, then he moves towards me.

"you have a mask, right?"

i nod, taking the new part of my costume and adjusting it onto my face.

he looks me over before nodding in approval, and we make to leave the lounge. both midnight and cementoss give their well wishes as we leave, the man just grunting while i bow before sliding the door closed behind me.

"so! what shit are we getting up to tonight, eraser? am i gonna get to bite someone's head off?" venom speaks up excitedly, startling aizawa slightly as he randomly popped up. his floating head was something the man would need to get used to, though, if he was gonna be dealing with me and the parasite.

venom's head snaps to me at the thought, snarling, "i told you to stop fucking calling me that!"

i glare back at him. "so? you're the one that threatens to eat my organs! and the only reason you're alive is because i feed you! so i think i have the right to call you a parasite!"

"oh, yeah? how about i call you something you don't like, you fucking nasty little-!"

"both of you, shut your traps," aizawa orders, the both of us quieting down. his eyes were glowing red, even though they don't really do anything to venom, and even the asshole decided to keep his mouth shut.