my best friend meets my girlfriend

once all the exams were over, we left to get changed back into our uniforms and head home. i texted hitoshi, telling him i was waiting at the front gate, when an arm wrapped around my shoulders, causing me to jump, but relax a bit at the familiar scent of the person next to me.

"ah, rin-chan! it's been awhile since we last talked, hasn't it?" neito says, and i sigh as i let him jabber on about whatever.

"huh? rin-chan? you know him?" i hear kyoka's voice and turn to see her standing a few feet away, staring at the two of us in confusion and annoyance. i mean, neito is kinda infamous in our class for being an annoying asswipe.

"uh, yeah. we were in the same class in our second and third junior high years. sorry in advance for anything he says that's rude," i reply, making her giggle and him sputter in fake offense.

"wow, rin-chan, i thought we were friends."

"we're only friends when i can stand your egotistical shit goblin personality."

kyoka snorts, drawing our attention back to her.

"anyways, do you wanna walk home together?" she directs at me, and i nod eagerly, but remember hitoshi and i were going to, as well.

"well, my friend and i were already doing so, but you can join us if you like!" i say cheerfully, which is really weird for me, and though she looks a bit disappointed, she smiles.

'oh, wait! she can finally like officially meet hitoshi now, and i can tell him about us! i kept forgetting to tell him, so now's better than never'

yeah, i'm honestly surprised you didn't tell him as soon as you two started dating. confused the shit out of me

'i guess i kinda just forgot because i was so caught up in thinking about it. when he gets here and i tell him, i'm really gonna have to apologize for not telling him sooner or else he'll fucking castrate me'

bold of you to assume he won't attempt to do that either way

neito leaves after saying he'll see me later, and the two of us wait for hitoshi, and i grin when i finally see him.

"hito-kun! there's someone i want you to meet!" i exclaim, and he raises an eyebrow at my attitude, but complies as i drag him over to kyoka.

"hito-kun, i want you to meet jirou kyoka. kyoka-chan, this is my best friend, shinsou hitoshi," i introduce them, looping arms with both of them and smiling. they bow to each other, hitoshi with a bit of distaste, mostly because she's class a like me, and i slap the back of his head. he glares at me playfully, but i just start walking, taking them with me.

"so, why's she joining us?" he asks, keeping his tone as even as he'll allow himself, and i roll my eyes at the purple haired boy.

rambling, i answer, "well, she wanted to walk with me, but i told her she could join us since i was already going with someone. also, i kinda have to tell you something since i kinda forgot to do so when it happened, and i think it'll be better if she's actually here when i tell you."

hitoshi nods slowly, and i pull them aside to where we're out of the way of others and can talk without being paid much attention.

"so, um, hito-kun..." i look at kyoka for encouragement, and she gives me a small nod and smile to do so. i take a deep breath and look my best friend in the eyes.

"kyoka and i are dating. we have been since like the third or so day of our internships. i meant to tell you, but i was so caught up in thinking about how strange it was for someone to actually have feelings for me and want to be in a relationship with my pathetic self, and i'm so sorry for not telling you sooner, please don't castrate me or harvest my organs, v wants those to himself after i die-."

he cuts me off by sticking a hand up, and i stop my rambling immediately. hitoshi looks between me and kyoka, as if judging silently, but i knew the only thing he'd really care about was me not telling him immediately. he was the first one i told when i was figuring out my sexuality, and he hadn't cared. he actually only cared about the fact that "if i'm in a relationship, i won't spend as much time with him and ditch him."

as if that bullshit will ever happen. i'm never ditching his ass, even if he ditches mine.

taking a deep breath, hitoshi looks down at kyoka, as if staring into her soul, but as i'm about to reprimand him for doing so, he says, "do you really care for rin?"

"huh?"

"do you really care for rin? because if not, you will walk out right now and leave her alone because i am not going to allow my best friend to get hurt again because of someone pretending to care about her."

the two stare at each other, me looking between them nervously, until she nods firmly.

"i really really like rin. i'm not pretending, my feelings are real, so don't accuse me of lying. i'm not that kind of person. i will not leave her, even if you try to force me too," she states confidently, and heat forms in my face as i watch her. hitoshi stares for a couple more seconds, then leans back and reverts back to his normal tired and done self.

"alright. just don't hurt her, or i literally will come for you and i'll invert your rib cage. let's go, i'm tired and mom wants you to stay for dinner, rin-chan," hitoshi says, beginning to walk off, and i roll my eyes at him.

"sorry for him, but he's serious when he says shit like that. i'll drop you off, and then we'll head off, okay?" i apologize, but she just chuckles and takes my hand.

"it's alright, rin-chan. you have someone that cares so much for you, and that's great. let's go!"

i giggle as we jog to catch up to my friend, who stares ahead but side-eyes is a few times, and i smile at him.

it's good he's okay with it. less problems to deal with if he'd been mad

'yeah. i'm glad everything is okay with him. hitoshi being mad is not fun to witness, that's for fuckin sure'

shit, i just thought about how we're eating at his place

'is that a problem or something? you love eating there'

bitch there's no problem, i'm just glad we get to eat some of his mom's home cooked shit because while i love devouring fast food and human heads, his mom is a fucking great cook

'you said it you rotten tater tot'

SHUT THE FUCK UP TATER TOTS ARE DELICIOUS YOU SLIMY PIECE OF GOOP

'...'

i am aware that wasn't very rude or threatening god fucking dammit

—————
yeah, this is kinda a filler, but i honestly don't give a shit. whoopsie doopsie i guess

ALSO STRAY KIDS SLAYED ME ISTFG

THESE BOYS ARE SO RUDE OH MY FUCKING GODDDDD