100k special

"mommy, can i go play on the swings? pretty please?" a little girl with short silver hair and light purple eyes begs the woman she was nearly identical to, who smiles and nods.

"of course, sweetie. go have fun, i'll be right over there on that bench, okay?" the little girl nods brightly with a smile, running over to the swing set. it wasn't often that she and her mother were allowed to leave the house, so she tried to make the most of it whenever they left.

she jumps onto one of the swings excitedly, swinging to her hearts content, but panicking the second she almost knocks over a little boy running in front of her.

he looks at her with wide, shocked eyes, tears beginning to form in them, and she abruptly stops the swing to go and apologize to him. "oh no, please don't cry! i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to almost hit you! it was an accident, i swear!" she rushes out, tears springing to her own eyes at making someone cry.

don't cry, that's stupid

the little girl hesitates slightly when she hears the strange voice again, but ignores it and tends to the boy with cool looking purple hair and purple eyes.

"wow... your eyes are super pretty, dude," she says bluntly, and he chokes at her words, calming down as they both blush in embarrassment.

"tha-thanks... my mommy says that i have pretty eyes like my daddy, but daddy says they're just like mommy's," he states proudly, sniffling slightly, and she smiles at him, eliciting one from the little boy.

"cool! my name's rin! what's yours?" she introduces, sticking her hand out, and he eyes it for a second before taking it and smiling.

"i'm hitoshi! wanna play?"

"heck yeah!"

the two little four year olds run around the playground, pretending to be heroes. hitoshi played eraserhead, and rin, who wasn't really all that interested in heroes to be honest, pretended to be present mic, eraserhead's supposed friend.

"stop, you dastardly villain! you will no longer terrorize these innocent citizens!" the little girl exclaims, pointing at the little sand sculpture they'd made to be the "villain".

"wow, rin-chan! how do you know such big words?" hitoshi asks in awe, eyes wide with curiosity.

"mommy reads to me a lot when i'm not getting taught a lesson. she says it's to help me know more so that i don't get hurt from not knowing stuff when i'm older," she answers, leaving him confused, but they both shrug it off and continue playing.

"hi-yah! take that, villain! you're no match for the combined efforts of pro-heroes eraserhead and present mic!" hitoshi shouts, gaining the attention of two passing adults, who watch the kids in surprise and amusement.

"look at that, shota! we've got fans!" the excited blond says cheerfully, and his gloomy looking friend hides how flattered he is by brushing it off.

"they're just kids. so what?"

"they're pretending to be us!"

"okay, so?"

"and take that! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" rin screeches at the top of her lungs, making the two adults stare as she knocks down the mock villain while pretending to be the loud mouthed hero.

"nice job, present mic!"

"nah, you did most of the work, eraserhead! i just messed him up!"

the children giggle, going about their game, and the men smile softly before leaving the park completely.

just as the two were about to take down another "dastardly" villain, rin's mother and a woman with light blue hair and eyes identical to hitoshi's walked over.

"ah, i see these two have already met, mihoko-san," rin's mother says with a smile, crouching down to her daughters' level and wiping some of the dirt off her cheek.

"it seems so," mihoko, hitoshi's mom, agrees as she engulfs her son in a tight hug.

"well, i'm sorry we have to cut this short, guys, but we need to go home."

a scared look appears in the little girls' eyes, and her mother subtly holds onto her a bit tighter.

"anyways, it was nice meeting you, ginko-san. i hope we can meet up again soon, especially since it looks like these two have become fast friends," mihoko says softly, a kind smile on her face as the two women say goodbye, watching the children hug it out.

"bye bye, rin-chan! i can't wait to see you and play with you again!" hitoshi says sadly, but turns cheerful at the thought of them seeing each other again.

"mhm! it was really fun playing with you, hito-kun! see you next time!"

ginko takes rin's hand as the little girl waved goodbye to her new friend and sighs, thinking about all the different things that could happen when they get back to their house.

"mommy?"

"yes, sweetheart?"

"does he have to know about hito-kun and his nice mommy?"

the woman tenses, a scared look flashing across her face at the thought of what they'll return to when they get back, but crouches down to her daughter and puts on a brave face.

she's scared, fleshbag

rin looks around slightly offended, but gazes into her mother's eyes as she ignores the voice once again.

"it'll just have to be our secret, okay, love? your step-father won't have to know, alright?" she holds a singular finger to her lips in the "secret" motion, and rin mimics it with a grin.

"okay, mommy! as long as i can see hito-kun again!"

ginko lets out a small sigh of relief. she stands up once again, taking rin's hand and leading them on the way back to the house that wasn't really a home.

—————

since no one gave me any ideas (u meanies) i just went with whatever

yolo ig