why must i always embarrass myself

after days of thinking through what i was going to do, i had finally come to a decision.

i'm gonna be at the sports festival, but i'm not gonna participate.

and venom has been riding my ass about it.

you're such a pussy! we actually have a chance of winning because all of those pussies are weak as fuck, yet you're too scared to hurt anyone and won't even give it a try!

i'd tried to shut him up more times than not, but he seriously doesn't know how to stop insulting me. he's a real pain in the ass, for something that's basically only still alive because i feed it. ungrateful bitch.

i had told aizawa-sensei already what i planned to do, and he told me i could sit in class 1-a's box, but make sure to not be seen. i'd agreed, and he told me where it would be for when i got there.

looking at the big dome that houses the sports festival, it was a pretty intimidating sight. people were already filling in the seats, civilians and heroes alike, to watch this years batch of first years compete to see who came out on top. i just hope that everything goes alright for hitoshi, and even neito (though i'll never admit that to him because of his big ass ego).

i made my way to my class's assigned box, and sat down in the corner of the front row, so as not to be seen very clearly by those out in the crowd. i didn't want anybody yelling at me.

present mic was yelling out the classes as each one walked out, and i looked for a certain head of purple hair as his class was called.

hitoshi looked around in disinterest, but his eyes must've caught on me, and i waved my arm high enough for him to see, then sent him a big heart with my hands folding above my head. my friend must've chuckled because with venom enhancing my vision, i could see his lips quirked up slightly like they normally did when i did something silly.

i smile and say back down, before feeling as if i was being watched, and looked around to try and find the eyes of the person. when i did, i noticed jirou looking up at me in confusion, but i smiled nervously and waved a bit at her, causing her to flush a bit and turn away.

the first event was an obstacle race, and to say i wasn't a bit worried about hitoshi would be a complete lie. meanwhile, venom was raging about how easy this would've been for us.

being scared over an obstacle race? wow, who would've thought you were such a weak ass bitch? wait a second, i did. all these little fuckers would've been crushed if we had been doing this too, and we would've won, lame ass

"can you shut up for once, i'm trying to look for hitoshi," i growled at him, looking back up at the big screen that was really only showing the kids that were in the front places.

i groaned.

"come on, hitoshi, you can do this. you're gonna be an amazing hero, but where are you?"

it wasn't until the end of the obstacle race, and midoriya was announced as the winner with 10,000,000 points, that i saw my best friend again. he was talking to some people, my classmate with the tail included, and i noticed that he was brainwashing them. though it wasn't exactly the best tactic, i could see how much of an advantage that would give him. i just want him to be able to prove himself to others what i've been seeing since we were kids:

that he's going to be an amazing hero one day.

can you stop with the internal monologging again? it's getting really fucking annoying. it's like your acting as if you're some shitty anime protagonist, or like that broccoli bitch, because i've noticed he does that shit a lot.

chuckling, i turned back to the match to watch in anticipation. bakugou has 3/4 little squad members with him, while todoroki has discount pikachu, nyoom, and yaomomo as his team, and midoriya has uraraka, tokoyami, and the pink haired girl with the gadgets.

neito was somewhere else down on the field, but i couldn't be bothered with looking for his conceited rip-off ass.

tetsutetsu was teamed up with ibara and some other people, and kendo had her own team going, so i wasn't too worried. they all seemed like strong adversaries.

i was really only rooting for hitoshi, anyways.

he looked up at me again, and i sent him a thumbs-up for encouragement, and he nodded back at me.

you don't need to worry about his dumbass. he'll do you proud, unlike what you're doing by sitting over here and avoiding fighting and being a pussy

"okay, i get it, i'm a pussy, now shut the fuck yo already so i can watch hitoshi beat everyone's asses like the amazing bitch he is," i snapped at venom, who growled at me before surprisingly shutting himself up.

as i looked around at my other classmates, my eyes landed on bakugou, who's headband was abruptly swiped off his head by a very familiar face.

"goddammit neito-kun, you're such a fucking egotistic bitch," i grumbled as i saw my frenemy with that condescending smirk on his face.

while bakugou was busy screaming once again, my eyes landed on hitoshi, who appeared to actually be doing quite well considering his quirk isn't best suited for things like this.

"that's my hito," i said with a small smile.

midoriya and todoroki were having their own little squabble thing going on with ice keeping others from getting to them. i hadn't paid much attention to them, but it looked like the shorter of the two riders was in quite a pickle from being cornered the way he was.

"well that's tricky. maybe he'll find a way out with that big ass brain of his."

the battle ended with bakugou, todoroki, and midoriya all in some ridiculous standoff, but ended with explosion boy flat on his face and angrily hitting the ground, making me laugh at him.

first place went to todoroki, followed up by bakugou, and a huge smile formed on my face at third place.

"in third place, tetsute— huh? what, it's team shinso?! when did you come from behind?!" present mic shouted in shock, and i shot up from my seat in pure excitement.

"yes! you did great hitoshi-kun!" i shouted loudly, fist pumping the air in excitement as i grinned at my friend happily.

at first, i didn't pay attention to the attention of the other students aside from hitoshi, who was grinning but not looking at me in embarrassment because i was shouting for him.

then, i noticed that my classmates were staring at me in shock or confusion, and some other students were whispering while looking at me, and i quickly sat back down as i hid my face in embarrassment.

"i'm such a dumbass, oh my god."

damn right you are. i've been telling you that for years

"shut it asshole."

make me, pussy

"you call me that as if i don't take ur insults seriously anymore," i muttered, and he yelled in my head in outrage.

—————

guess who's back

back again

after like two fucking weeks.

so i have an explanation. i had family visiting for some stuff and i didn't have time to get this chapter done during school, so i just decided to do it while babysitting my little sisters.

anyways, thanks for over 2k views or whatever, y'all. i get shocked every time i see that people actually read this piece of shit, so thank you guys so much.

also, since i've recently been getting back into my voltron feels, i've been thinking about starting a book for it.

but thanks again, and i hope y'all liked this chapter and stuff.

bye bitches