what a weird reunion, huh?

thanks to recovery girl and my own boosted healing factor (courtesy of venom, as always), i was able to be released from the hospital on time. i could've been released a day sooner, but the doctors kept me around to make sure i knew how to treat my wounds properly, and so that i wouldn't be alone going back to u.a., which was pretty considerate.

"are we gonna tell your girlfriend?"

i pause as i step into the elevator, but then press the button and let out a confused sigh.

"i don't know. maybe? doesn't she kinda have a right to know? i mean, Manama was kind of threatening her life during that whole thing, so i think i should tell her about that at least."

"you have a point. but we don't need to tell her everything, right? we're allowed to keep the full story to ourselves unless we feel like talking about it, right?"

i nod at his words, though a little bit of guilt creeps up on me at the thought of possibly keeping something serious like that from kyoka.

"she doesn't need to know everything, rin. it's in the past, and the crazy bitch is gone. it's better not to dwell on it or else we'll just drive ourselves crazy from it,"he reasons, surprising me.

"you're right, v. it's time to start moving on and focusing on what's ahead."

venom gives me a nod before retreating so that he wouldn't be seen, and i look around for any of my classmates as i leave the hospital.

"sasaki rin?"

i jump a bit, startled, and turn to see a police officer standing near a car, saluting at me.

"uh, yeah?"

that was an intelligent response

'shut up!'

"we would like you to come in for some follow up questioning about the matter with-" he starts, but i cut him off before he can finish speaking.

"i already answered questions about the shie hassaikai situation, and the one concerning ikeda manami. what else would you guys need to question me about?" his eyes widen in surprise, not having expected me to talk back, and he lowers his hand with a sigh.

"i don't know, i was just given orders to-"

"well, i'm sorry, but i can't. i have other things to attend to today that are more important than answering more useless questions the police ask me. good day, and sorry not sorry."

i turn to go in the opposite direction of the man and his car, having checked my phone yesterday for a map on how to find manami's aunt's house. it's been over around two years since i've been to the place, and since i'm unfamiliar with the area, it was better to just look up a map rather than just wander around. don't wanna have to call aizawa and explain to him why i got myself lost like a dumbass.

well, you are a dumbass

"shut up or no chocolate for a fucking week," i grumble, making venom screech in outrage for a few moments before he actually decides to shut up.

i eventually start to notice familiar things, not needing my digital map much longer as i soon come across the painfully familiar house. a shiver runs down my spine just looking at the place, despite its homey atmosphere. too many bad things had happened in this very house, that i couldn't see past them and appreciate her aunt's place for what it is.

"you ready?" i jump slightly, head snapping to the side only to relax upon seeing my best friend.

"not really, but i'm just gonna get it fuckin over with."