ultimate moves. frickin hooray

after getting semi-ready for the day, i had gone to the common area for breakfast. some of my other classmates were already there, and i smile slightly at the ones who notice me first.

seeing kyoka, i quickly walk over to her and sit down, earning a shy smile from her before she gets back to eating, pushing a tray of food towards me. sending her a thankful look, i quickly give a small thanks for my food and then dig in. since we'd moved into the dorms, my appetite had grown a bit larger for some reason, but i just assumed it was venom trying to make sure i became healthier by eating more  food instead of the small amount that i'd been living off of for so long now.

the other girls sat with us, chattering light heartedly about how excited they were for whatever we have in store for us today, but i tune out slightly as i eat.

'v?'

what do you want?

'should i, should i like, uh, start to show you, more? like, fully, ya know? or like should i let you start popping up more casually now since we're all like living together, now?'

he's quiet for a little bit, as if thinking it over.

maybe. but i think you should talk to eye bag man before you do, just so that he's like aware in case someone shits their pants or whatever

i give a small nod in acknowledgment then turn back to my food, smiling lightly as i see the happy look on kyoka's face. she's so cute when she's excited like this.

later, in class, aizawa was going over stuff, saying, "class 1-a of the hero course will be focusing on getting their provisional licenses."

the man leans further forward on his podium, a serious look on his face.

"a hero license bears with it the great responsibility of human life. of course, the exam to receive one is very difficult. even the provisional license has only a 50% passing rate each year. that's why today, we will have each of you come up with at least two..."

he trails off as the door slides open, everyone looking towards it as it does, and we see midnight, ectoplasm, and cementoss standing in the doorway, all imposing.

"...ultimate moves." aizawa finishes.

well shit. this'll be kinda hard, i think

'oh, really? what gave you that idea, dumbass?'

shut up and pay attention

the other members of the "bakusquad" aside from the appointed "leader", myself, and kyoka, all get super hyped up about the lesson, and i smile at them, shaking my head in amusement. they're all a bunch of goofs.

"'ultimate'! this means that this move will give you a sure win!" ectoplasm states, cementoss following him up with, "a move so ingrained into your body that others cannot copy it. battle means seeing how much you can force what you're good at on your opponent."

"your moves will represent you. these days, pro heroes without ultimate moves are an endangered species."

i murmur inaudibly, "should she really be comparing people to animals that are kind of on the last dregs of having their entire species die out?" and venom inwardly snorts, making me roll my eyes.

"we will tell you more as we go along. we want to proceed logically. change into your costumes and meet in gym gamma." at the instructions from our teacher, we all head to the locker rooms to change, and i quickly duck into a stall to pull on my "costume" as fast as i can. the sooner i get out, the sooner i can avoid the possibility of my classmates questioning me about that night at the hot springs.