school. just great.

great.

just great.

today's the first day of school, and i'm dreading every second of it.

well, technically, it's the second day of school, but i was sick yesterday so i couldn't come to class. i'm sure my teacher will be pretty pissed at me, but it's my body's fault, not mine.

hurry up, unless you wanna be late. you didn't come yesterday, so how do you think your teacher would feel about you being late today?

"oh, shut up, it's not my fault that i was sick. it was yours because of all the tater tots you've been making me eat," i muttered quietly, so that it'd be harder for people to understand. people usually think i'm crazy when they hear me talking to "myself", so i try to keep my voice down when talking to the other thing living in my body.

finally arriving at the school, i felt intimidated by how large the building was, and how confident the students all seemed to be.

my best(and practically only) friend also attended u.a. high, but we weren't in the same class, unfortunately. i was somewhat relieved when i found out that my frenemy wasn't in my class, but also kinda disappointed, because now i didn't know anyone except for those two people.

meeting new people was always hard for me.

especially when i wasn't able to make it on the first day due to some people.

hey, at least you're eating! if it weren't for me, you probably wouldn't be eating half the food i force you to eat!

"you're right, but it's not like the food you make me eat is healthy for my body. you're just lucky that i exercise and train a lot so that it burns off most of the calories and shit."

can you quit the inner monologue, now? we're at our classroom

my head snapped up to look at the door leading to my future. hopefully, i'll be able to make friends and not scare them off.

sliding open the door, i looked around at my fellow students, and sucked in a breath as i noticed them taking notice of me.

"excuse me! who are you!? you were not present yesterday, so i believe that you have mistaken this for your classro-!" a voice shouted and i winced, before cutting them off.

"no...! i-i mean, this is my class, i was absent yesterday because i wasn't feeling well, but i assure you that this is my class," i timidly explained to the tall male, but he wasn't that much taller than me to be honest. i was probably about an inch or so shorter than him, but he still intimidated me.

"ah! i apologize, fellow classmate! my name is iida tenya! what is your name?" he questioned, his tone still loud but dialed down a bit.

without answering him, i just looked around for a seat that didn't seem to have already been chose. there was one in the back that looked vacant, so i went and sat in it, ignoring the other people in the same row with me.

iida looked shocked that i ignored him, but he quickly went over to an ash blond male to scold him, who only snapped at him and called him "four-eyes."

i like him. let's annoy the shit out of him

"no, we will leave him alone. he probably doesn't like people much, anyways," i murmured to the being that inhabited my body, somehow earning a strange look from the boy next to me that possessed two different hair colors and a burn scar over his left eye. well, he's definitely got some issues there.

turning to the front of the room, i noticed that everyone else had arrived, and our teacher climbed out of his sleeping bag to begin whatever lesson he had planned for us today.

thank god he didn't notice us and call us out. i know you have anxiety worse than my appetite

i internally chuckled at my companion, but continued paying attention to what aizawa-sensei was teaching.

the lessons throughout the day were somewhat dull, but i didn't really mind it, because of the fact that i was studying to become a more knowledgeable person, and a great hero along the way.

itwasn't until after lunch that the excitement finally began.

"i am!"

the door slid open to reveal the number one hero, and the class began to buzz in excitement.

"coming through the door like a hero!"

HAHAHAHAHA! this hoe is already a hero! what the fuck is he talking about!? venom (the name of my body's inhabitant) screeched with laughter, and i could just tell that he was rolling around with laughter.

i myself almost laughed at all might's entrance, but i let out a snort at venom's commentary.

"welcome to the most important class at u.a. high. think of it as heroing 101! here, you will learn the basics of being a pro, and what it means to fight in the name of good," the man explained to us, and the class' excitement piqued as he continued to talk.

"he sure is enthusiastic," i mumbled, and venom laughed in agreement.

i'll say

"let's get into it! today's lesson will pull no punches!" all might exclaims as he pulls out a battle card.

"fight training!" the ash blond from earlier, that i'd learned to know was called bakugou, enthusiastically said with a sadistic grin on his face.

"real combat?" the plain faced boy with messy greenish black hair exclaims with growing worry. venom just screeches to let him take control during the fights so that we'd win, but i wasn't sure. i didn't want to hurt any of my classmates, even if they were annoying sometimes.

all might continued his speech, saying, "but one of the keys to being a hero is... LOOKING GOOD!!!" the teacher presses a button and the wall opened up with shelves holding cases with all our student numbers on them, showing which case was assigned to each student.

"these were designed for you based off of your quirk registration forms and the request you sent in before school started," our teacher explained what they were, and the class began to cheer in pure excitement.

at all might's behest, we all grabbed our own costume cases, and left to the changing rooms.

~~~~~

after changing, everyone made their way to the training grounds, where all might could be heard.

"they say the clothes make the pros, ladies and gentlemen, and behold, you are the proof! take this to heart: from now on, you are all HEROES IN TRAINING!!!"

it's about time. i was sitting through all that lame bullshit just for this moment! my companion excitedly cheered, and i chuckled, earning an odd look from the girl next to me.

everyone's costumes all looked great, and i couldn't help but feel a bit out of place. they all looked so much like actual heroes, and i was a bit self conscious because my costume wasn't really a costume.

it was just a baggy black t-shirt matched with some baggy black sweats, and a hooded dark gray vest that went with it. i had black combat boots and some sewn in pouches for extra weapons in the vest, but they wouldn't be needed unless i didn't decide to unleash venom.

let's bite their heads off!

"no, we are definitely not doing that."

why not!?

"because you're not biting anyone's head off!" i whisper hissed to venom, earning another strange glance from the same girl as before. she probably had enhanced hearing because of her quirk.

you're no fun

"this is giving me goosebumps! you look so cool!" all might praises us, but i doubt he meant me as well, considering my plain attire.

"now that you're ready, it's time for combat training!"

this is going to be so exciting!

you bet it is!