a tense meeting and worried thoughts

when aizawa had me get up early in order to go to some important place, i was initially really fucking fed up.

like, you want me to get up, get in my school uniform, and go to some place so early in the morning just so we can talk about something? sorry, but i honestly can't give two shits about anything at this time of the day.

i went on my own, being subtle as i jumped from building to building in order to get to the meeting place. i went in and immediately looked for aizawa, who was, surprisingly, waiting for me.

"don't talk to anyone unless they directly talk to you, and stick with me for the time being. got it, kid?"

i nod in understanding, following the man as he stops to converse with a blue skinned girl in a revealing costume that made me blush, and an old man that looked like the guy midoriya interned with. it was probably the same dude, but i'm too tired to fucking care.

it's the same dude

'ok, but do i care? no'

when the doors open once again a few minutes later, the four of us turn to see kirishima, tsuyu, ochaco, midoriya, and the big three in the entrance. they were staring at all the heroes in the room in surprise (aside from the big three), but their eyes widen even further when kirishima spots me and points me out to the group.

hado runs off to ryukyu while ochaco and tsuyu come towards me and aizawa.

"aizawa-sensei, rin-chan!"

"aizawa-sensei, why are you here? and what about rin-chan?"

"i was called out suddenly. i also heard roughly what's going on. sasaki is my work study student, that's why she's here," the man responds to them, and ryukyu follows up when he finishes.

"girls, i told you before, didn't i? even if you're still students, now that you're here for a work study, you're a legitimate part of our forces! you two seem like you'll be able to play an active role in that matter." the two girls look at each other, and i send a questioning look to our teacher who just glances back at me.

"nighteye, let's get started."

"thanks to the information we received from you all, the investigation has moved forward substantially. we will now have a conference to share what information we have acquired regarding what the small organization, shoe hassaikai, is planning."

i freeze at the name that just left his mouth. it was something i hadn't heard of in over a year, and the mere mention of it made shivers go down my spine.

'you don't think...'

it's possible, with those texts you've been getting. they might be surfacing now and she's "back from the dead" or some shit

i feel my teacher looking at me from the corner of his eyes, the man obviously having picked up on my tenseness, but i ignore it. we were all moved to sit at a huge table, with me sat next to my mentor.

"well then, let us begin. those of us from nighteye agency have been conducting an independent investigation into the designated villain group known as the shie hassaikai for about two weeks," the blue sidekick explained.

"what prompted this?"

"an accident involving a gang of thieves called the reservoir dogs."

"i heard about that."

"the police wrote it off as an accident, but there were a number of points that didn't make sense, so we began tailing them." next, a centipede hero states, "i, centipeder, conducted a follow-up investigation. in my investigation, i found that, in the past year, the members of the shie hassaikai have increased contact with those outside of their organization and other groups involved with shady businesses, moving with the aim of expanding their organization and increasing their funds. and soon after beginning the investigation, he was in contact with a member of the league of villains, jin bubaigawara, villain name: twice.