it's festival time bitches

"hey, midoriya!" i yell as i hurry down the steps, spotting the curly haired boy putting his shoes on by the door. hearing his name, he turns around and goes a bit wide eyed as i race towards him, flinching as i come to a stop a couple feet away from him.

"uh, yes? do you need something, sasaki-san?" he asks, and i nod once i inhale a bit greedily. i'd basically raced to get to the door when i heard that the boy was heading to the convenience store for some things before we all leave to go set up for the festival, so i was slightly out of breath.

"yeah, actually. do you think you could get me some chocolate from the convenience store? sorry if this is really random to ask or anything, but i could really use some at the moment. here's some money, it should be enough for a couple bars, right? sorry if i'm bothering you or anything, it's just that i heard from the others that you're heading out to buy some things and-" i ramble, only to be cut off when the boy smiles at me.

"no, no, it's fine, sasaki-san! i'll get you the chocolate, but you don't have to give me money for it."

"you're buying chocolate for me, it's only fair that you use my money. thanks for this, midoriya, it's really nice of you," i state, bowing, but then i run off to go get my stuff for later.

———

as i was wandering around and looking at the other booths that had been set up so far for the festival, i couldn't help but squint a bit at the bright colors. i get they're meant to be eye catching so as to draw people in, but there's also such a thing as being a fucking eyesore.

"ah, is that a class 1-a kid i see?!" i hear someone shout, and i look around to see who the person was referring to, but i didn't see any of my classmates nearby.

"silver hair! over here!" the voice shouts again, sounding closer and more familiar, and i turn around to see a familiar blond upperclassman walking my way, with a little girl at his side.

"oh, togata-senpai," i acknowledge, bowing as the boy comes to a stop in front of me, eri clinging to his hand as she looks between me, him, and the booths lined up on either side of the street.

"hello! is your class preparing for your show soon?" he asks, and i nod a bit.

"mhm. i'm just taking a quick walk through to see if i can check on some friends before i join the others," i explain, earning a nod and a wide smile from him.

"you know, sasaki-san, i don't think i ever thanked you for helping me out when i was incapacitated, back then," he comments, smile dimming a bit as he thinks back to that unfortunate day. i look down at the ground, a bit uncomfortable talking about this, but then just smile slightly at him.

"it's alright, i don't need you to thank me. at least i was putting myself to good use, right? besides, you were unconscious, it was the least i could do."

togata grins, but then glances down at eri before looking back up at me. "did you see any good booths while you were walking around? i haven't found any that eri-chan might like, just yet, so do you think you could help me out?"

i ponder for a few moments, trying to think of something that a kid like eri might like, when i remember a couple of booths a small ways away from where we already are.

"there's some easy game booths back that way. you can win a stuffed animal if you play most of them," i answer, and both of them smile at me.