beginning of exam shit

our class was inevitably interrupted from training our special moves when vlad kind came in with some of his students. ectoplasm had given me a short break to rest and get some water, so as soon as i saw kendo at the door, i smiled and walked over.

"hi, kendo-chan."

the orange haired girl grins up at me, giving me a small hug as soon as i get close enough for her to do so. "hello, sasaki-chan! how has your training been going?"

sighing, i give her a small smile. "it's been alright, but i've been having trouble coming up with ultimate moves. how about-"

i hear obnoxious cackling over in the corner and turn to the source, deadpanning at the sight of my frenemy from junior high. i walk over to him, frowning as i cross my arms, and he stops cackling once he sees the look on my face. he starts shaking slightly, fearful knowing that i'm about to smack him upside the head, but i'm stopped as kendo sends me a weary smile and a shake of the head.

instead of whacking him, i slap him lightly across the face and then head back to where the others had congregated. i look over to ectoplasm, who nods at me, and i bow in thanks for the small reprieve in training.

apparently, a bunch of other schools would be participating in the licensing exam. which, honestly, didn't make me feel any better, but there wasn't much i could do but worry.

you need to stop worrying for a bit, princess

"it's not that easy, you know that," i mutter, taking another swig of water afterwords. sighing, i send kendo a final smile and neito a searing glare before approaching kyoka, smiling as she links our arms.

"ready to head back?" she asks, making me nod and pat her head slightly. she blushes a bit and i smile softly, the two of us following after the rest of our class as we all filter out of the gym for class b to have their training time.

"good luck, class b!" i call encouragingly, earning thankful smiles from the few that i knew and had met thanks to tetsutetsu and kendo.

———

"we're working so hard every day.." mina whines, her head lying on the back of the couch as us girls sit around in the commons area.

i was in between the pink girl and my girlfriend, leaning my body slightly against mina as my head rests on kyoka's shoulder. the girl smiles a bit as she stretches, listening into the other girls.

"it's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh?" toru adds on, followed by momo saying, "even so, there's less than a week left before the provisional licensing exam."

"yaomomo, how's your ultimate move coming?"

"there's something i want to do, but my body can't keep it up yet, so i need to develop my quirk a little more first."

"what about you, tsu-chan?"

the frog quirk user turns to the invisible girl, replying, "i've perfected a move even more frog-like than before. i'm sure you'll be surprised, toru-chan."

"what about you, ochaco-chan?" i look over to the brunette to find her spacing out, oddly enough. usually, she's all bubbly and excited (which is so cute to watch), but she's been spacing out the entire time we've been hanging out, tonight. it was definitely weird, and i couldn't help being concerned for our sweet friend.

"ochaco-chan?" tsu taps her arm slightly, startling the girl and making her drop her milk carton.

"huh?"