rescues galore!

i was woken up when something shifted underneath me and i fell on my back, making me let out a small "oof" as i fell. opening my eyes only to squint at the bright lighting, i let out a groan.

"sasaki."

my attention turns to the owner of the voice, glancing up to see todoroki standing above me and greeting momo, tsuyu, shoji, and kyoka. the four give the two of us confused looks, and i shoot my own at the boy.

"was i leaning on you or something?"

"yes. i sat near you on the couch but you shifted in your sleep and fell on me. i didn't feel like waking you, so i let you rest." nodding at his reply, i shift to where i'm sitting up.

"sasaki was the first and then i came, and then you all," the half-and-half boy explains to the others, followed by shoji stating, "i see. they're not here yet, huh?"

"weren't you all working together?"

"we were, but we got split up by the quirk of someone from ketsubutsu academy..." mom responds, and the boy looks down.

i get up slowly, trudging over to kyoka and leaning down to rest my head on her shoulder. ignoring the others watching us — more specifically, me — i just bask in the small moment of peace.

"i wanna go home..." i grumble, and the girl only chuckles lightly.

"we'll go home soon, rin."

———

kyoka and i were just sitting down, resting against each other as some of our other classmates were arriving. tsu was also curled up against my other side, and though she and i never really made this kinda physical contact, it was nice. she was small and cuddly, so i was ok with it.

tsu gets up to go talk to ochaco, both of them talking animatedly about something, but i don't pay attention to that. i just watch kaminari react to kyoka teasing him, but then look over to see kirishima and bakugo walking towards us.

"sasaki-chan! you were first, right? that's what yaomomo said! congrats on being first!" he exclaims cheerfully, slapping my shoulder encouragingly with a large grin. i smile back at him, thanking him, before my eyes flit to the blond boy, who was silent the entire time.

only to find him staring at me and kyoka, eyes narrowed in a confused way. i put a lazy smirk on my face when we meet eyes, and he scowls before crossing his arms and walking off.

"are you always so confident when you're tired?" i turn my head to the side, sending that same smirk to my girlfriend.

"why? want me to be like this more often?"

she flushed, but then shrugs, pretending to be cool. "i like you either way, so it doesn't matter."

"you can't lie to me, kyoka."

"shut up, rin."

———

my girlfriend had gotten up in order to talk with the others, so i was just sat next to bakugo on the couch. as soon as the screaming and yelling started, though, i was covering my ears in pain, wincing as the yelling made it through my hands.

i felt hands cover my own, dulling the sounds to a bearable state, and i look over to see bakugo giving me a small nod before ignoring my existence as well as our celebrating classmates.