𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓹𝓵𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶.

Derek's point of view

I know I should regret the day I took the job to find Lemon but if it wasn't for this job I would've never had met the woman of my dreams.

Meeting Lemon was a breath of fresh air I didn't know I needed, but she saved me in ways that I'll always be thankful for.

I promised Lemon I would be back in her arms in two days, I did keep that promise.

My mind always go back to the first day I landed in California on my way to Antonio's place after the phone call.

Pulling into Antonio's drive way made my stomach queasy not knowing what they know, but I won't go down without a fight that's for sure.

Getting out my vehicle I see a new house keeper which was strange because Elena was the person to welcome people in, I didn't think much of it but I wish I did.

The new house keeper was young assuming she's screwing Antonio wouldn't put it past him or her.

I didn't even catch her name, I didn't care all I wanted was to get this conversation over and be done with these men and live my life with Lemon.

The young lady walked me into his office once the door opens my eyes landed on Antonio and Rafa.

Both were already taking sips of their whisky's chatting away, Rafa offered me some but I declined his offer.

"It's nice to see you Derek, it's been awhile."

"It's good to see you Rafa, may I sit?."

Antonio nodded his head and put his hand out gesturing me to take a seat in front of him which I did.

"How's Seattle treating you man?."

"I'm actually loving it, it's grown on me. I'm thinking of moving down there if I'm being honest with you."

From the corner of my eye I see Antonio raise his eyebrows staring hard into the side of my head as if he was trying to burn a hole into my skull.

Antonio cleared his throat and both Rafa and I turn our attention to him.

"I assume you have information on Lemon if you're back in town and calling Rafa?."

Now both of their eyes were on me.

Before I could even answer the bastard talked once more.

"I would hope you had some information since you've been in Seattle for about seven months, you are known for being the best. I would hate for your reputation be ruined don't you think?."

I know Antonio didn't miss the way my jaw tensed.

I still can't believe I had the nerve to think Lemon had it easy, I'm a fucking prick.