𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

Derek's point of view

The plane already landed ten minutes ago but I've been fighting the demons in my head on actually going through my plan on quitting and making a life with Lemon or turning her in, forgetting her and take the money Antonio is paying me for.

I've never had money in my life and this job gave me the opportunity to become where I'm at now, I'm still not a wealthy person like Lemon, she's never stressed in how she was going to pay the bills or worry if she's going to be able to eat that month.

Come on Lemon quit her job and she hasn't even made an attempt on finding another job, the job at the cafe for her was basically charity work I don't understand why she even wanted to get a job in a first place.

Lemon is set for life.

If I'm being honest it's not fair that Lemon has the life I've always wanted.

My parents and little sister lives where taken away by a fucking drunk driver and I was the only one who survived and I have the scar that starts at my eyebrows down to my eyelid to prove it.

I should've died with them, I don't understand why God put me through hell my entire life, when Lemon's life was rainbows.

I know she's had problems with Antonio and Cherry but she should grow the fuck up and let go of the grudge she has on them.

Lemon doesn't realize her parents are still alive and she shouldn't take that for granted but she just wants to be a spoiled brat.

I don't want to be that man who lives off of their girlfriends money, that's not who I am. I shouldn't be changing my whole life for some girl.

I'm not saying I don't love Lemon I honestly do, it's just this is the life I've always known. I've never been the one to fall in love with a target, I usually think of them has a chewed up piece of gum that's stuck on the street.

Lemon though is no where near being a chewed up piece of gum that's stuck on the street, she's more like strong bright light of heaven who makes me happy and I don't know if I'm ready just yet.

If this is so wrong feeling this way for Lemon than why does it feel so right though?

Lemon puts me under this spell when I'm with her and I don't think straight but now that I'm not with her I'm panicking if I truly do want to do this.

Next thing I know my phone lit up from a text message from her, I just ignored it not bothering in reading anything.

I finally decided to walk off the plane and make my way to my car that's parked in the car garage.

I couldn't face Rafa or Antonio yet I needed more time with this choice, part of me knows I don't deserve Lemon but the other part of me thinks she doesn't deserve me.

I'm one of a kind guy, I could get any girl if I wanted to.

That's what I did, next thing I know I'm at a bar day drinking looking for a girl to take in my car or a hotel room just to prove to myself Lemon doesn't have any hold to me.

It doesn't take long for a woman to sit next to me and start a conversation with me.

"Hi, is this seat taken?"