39. The Valkyrie

*A/N: Happy Thursday my dudes, sorry I didn't post last week. I had a injury and the medicine made me sleeply but I'm back. I hope y'all enjoy  there is smut in this chapter so warning - Ren <3*

In years gone past, as thunder rode a stark and blackened sky
In Thor's abode lived  Valkyrie's, woman such as I.

Virtuous, valiant, shield maidens, brought victors...

It's cold, it's cold, it's cold." your teeth rattled. Officers and other detectives did a double take when they saw you speed past them.

"Hello, detective," one officer greeted, "Hey Salem, congratulations." another called out as you sped down the stairs.

"Hi boys, thank you." you would've stayed for small talk but you were freezing your ass off in the  corduroy dress. The coat you had barely gave any warmth. "See you tomorrow." 

The officers and detectives watched as you 'gracefully' made your way to Flip's truck. Freya sat in the passenger seat bundled up with a blanket that she brought back.

"Finally." Freya shivered, quickly turning on the heater. "here you need this more than I do." she covered your legs with the blanket. "Did you have fun teasing your fiancé? I'm guessing you did since you were gone for so fucking long ."

" It was only twenty minutes. And I did warn you that the chief needed to talk to me." you tilted your head at her, trying to read her expression. "You know you could've just come in with me."

"So what did your chief want?" she changed the subject, you scoffed at her attempt to derail the conversation. "I'm surprised that he even mentioned cutting your sabbatical short, considering things.."

"He doesn't but since our dad's made a deal with a certain criminal while I was away and he's growing impatient-'' you kept your eyes on the icy road. "Has Gideon told you anything about the case they're on?"

"No, he hasn't . You know my dad, he doesn't like talking about work. He's gotten better at hiding his stress." Freya eyed your worried expression. "Has Rossi not called you?"

"Not since we left." you shook your head, something in your gut was telling you that something was wrong. You know your dad is capable of taking care of himself and handling his informat. You just didn't believe your dad's intentions for being at San quentin.

"Are you worried because of Franklin?" Freya continued to watch your body language.

"It's not Franklin I'm concerned about," Franklin was a serial killer/rapist your dad put away at the start of his career. Since your father caught Franklin, he'd occasionally give him information on certain criminals and MO's. Franklin would only feed him information to lower his sentence, but what he didn't  know was  that because of his crimes, the possibility of lowering his sentence was impossible. Of course your dad made sure he stayed in the dark about it.

You pulled into the auto shop that was down the street from Freya's tattoo shop. She furrowed her brows as she watched you step out of the car, Freya followed you out of the truck. She could tell by the tone of your voice something was off.

"Wait what do you-" Freya rushed behind you, she stopped when she noticed a group of guys sitting on a bench staring at the two of you. "The fuck you staring at?" she stood in front of you.

"Nothing sugar," one of the guys scoffed. The man stood up from his seat, he was eyeing you two as he approached. "Just admiring ain't nothing wrong with that, is there a problem with that sugar?"

"Call me that one more time-" Freya snarled with a sarcastic smile on her face. You placed your hand on her forearm.

"Just ignore them, Frey." you glared at them, she eased up a bit. "They're not worth it."