50. Confrontation

Flip walked behind Freya and Ron as they circled the store. Every time Freya stopped and asked Ron what he thought, Ron gave the same response. Flip could tell Freya was starting to get annoyed.

"What about this one?" Freya stood in front of a white crib. She looked at them, hopeful.

Ron circled the crib and shook it for whatever reason before crossing his arms. "This isn't it," he huffed out. Freya groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Oh my fucking god," Freya cursed, rubbing her face. "You've said that about every crib in this place!" She exclaimed, walking towards him. "And what's with the shaking?"

Ron looked at her, shocked, then turned to Flip, who was trying to hide his laughter. "I'm just making sure it's sturdy, I want our baby safe, Frey," he defended, holding his hands out.

"From what? Do we live in califuckingfornia? Does Colorado have earthquakes?" Freya spoke sarcastically. "If you don't pick one, I'll just pick one myself." She placed her hands on her hips, her fingers looped through the holes on her overalls. "I'll come back with Salem and pick one because you two are useless." She pointed at both of them.

"What the hell did I do?" Flip furrowed his brows at her, slightly offended. "I haven't even said anything."

"Exactly," She snapped. "Can't even intervene when your partner is being difficult," she mumbled, shaking her head. "Here I thought you'd be Salem here," she said, disappointed.

Ron and Flip glanced at each other before looking back to Freya. Flip could tell what was bothering her because it was bothering him as well.

"Freya, I know you're worried about Salem but she'll be fine." Flip tried to console her, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Then why isn't she here?" Freya frowned at both of them. "Huh? Why isn't she here then?" She looked at both of them, with one hand on her hip and the other on the crib. "I'll tell you why," she huffed out. "She's with Alex and Tara, trying to make sure she doesn't lose it during the trial. She didn't do anything wrong," she admitted, looking down at her worn out tennis shoes. "So stop saying everything is going to be okay and she'll be okay because it won't."

"Freya you shouldn't be getting worked, it's too early-" Ron began to say, walking towards her. She halted him and glared at him.

"Don't patronize me right now," she nearly snarled, pointing her finger at him. "This whole situation is so fucked and you being difficult is not helping. Can you please just be normal?" she exclaimed to Ron.

Ron stood wide eyed, jaw to the floor, shocked that he was the reason that she was more stressed out. He looked back at Flip not comprehending what she said. Flip held his hands up and backed away not wanting any part of it. He knew better than to think she was upset about you. For god's sake, y'all had been friends since before you were born. Freya was right. Ron was being a pest. If Freya hadn't said something, Flip would've gone off sooner or later.

Ron sighed heavily causing Flip to turn around. Freya had walked away. "Y'all good?" he asked.

"Yeah, she's just stressed out." Ron pointed out the obvious, shifting on his feet.

"No shit," Flip said sarcastically, eyeing his behavior. "What, is fatherhood already giving you a hard time? Because I hate to break it to you, your kids aren't even born yet." Flip teased.

"She hasn't told Gideon yet and it's freaking her out. She keeps saying there's no good time to tell him and I don't want to pressure her. I think she's just using this whole trial that has everyone on their toes and the stupid case back at the department as an excuse to put it off." he shook his head. "But If I said that.."