11. Under the Moonlight

*A/N~ this chapter is gonna be fluff<3 we'll get to learn a bit more about Flip, some public smut. I figured we all needed a break from crime scenes and see them together outside of work. I also listened to The Last Shadow Puppets, while writing this and I felt inspired. Enjoy<3*

Salem, I've never seen you so nervous. Not even in high school." Freya teased while sitting on the edge of your bed, watching you apply your makeup.

"This is our first date, of course I'm nervous. He hasn't seen me outside of work.'' You said applying mascara.

"Wasn't he here the night before, last night and oh yea this morning?" She said counting with her fingers. "Oh look at that he's seen you three times already." She mocked as She wiggled her finger in the air.

"You know what i mean, Frey." You glared at her through the mirror. She smiled back at you while you applied lipstick. You looked at your reflection and frowned. "Is this too much?"

"Salem stop. It isn't too much, you look amazing." Freya reassured you, she turned on the radio. "By the way...you still haven't told me how it was?" She emphasized 'it' and grinned at you. You turned your chair to face her and let out a breath.

"Um it was...intense." You said looking at your feet. "But insanely good. Like not just the sex but the connection." You smiled small, she looked at you wide eyed.

"You really like him? Don't you?" She asked she was sincere, you nodded.

"I feel like i could trust him and I feel safe. I-I haven't felt safe in a long time, not even with Mateo. I don't think I ever felt safe with him.." you said looking down. You knew it in your heart but saying it out loud for the first time was hard.

"Mateo was manipulative." Freya said to you, she let out a breath. "Flip is nothing like Mateo. I could tell you that." You looked up to her, making eye contact.

"How could I be so sure?" You asked "I mean Mateo was charming in the beginning."

"Trust me, he isn't. Now come on, let's pick your outfit." Freya rushed over to your closet. Changing the subject.

Trying on every possible outfit combination you owned as well as some articles of clothing that Freya owned. You either over thought about it too much making you feel insecure or you weren't sure what to wear since Flip didn't give you a clue. Expect to be ready by six.

"Salem when did you get this?" Freya held up a little black dress on the hanger. "This is so cute with those scrappy black heels." She handed you the dress.

"Mhmm I think it was back in DC, i completely forgot about it." You took the hanger and untying your robe. "At least its still August i don't have anything that goes over this.'' You said adjusting the dress and facing Freya.

"That's the dress, you look hot!" Freya squealed, "you're not wearing a bra?" She gasped

"No this dress is skin tight it holds them up." You said putting your heels on. She watched you with a big grin on her face. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I haven't seen you this happy in a while. It makes me happy for you." She said sitting next to you. She wrapped her arm around you, holding her close to her frame.

"Thank you... for everything." You tilted your head on her shoulder. The doorbell rang. Suddenly your heart started to beat really fast and you looked at the clock. "How the hell is it six already?" You asked frantically.

"Relax, you'll be fine. Now go on get the door." Freya pushed you off the bed. You smiled and walked to the front door.

'Why the fuck do i feel so nervous? Its fine, its gonna be fine.'You thought as you turned the door knob. You opened the door eagerly. You couldn't hide your smile. Not from him.