7. The Report

*mentions toxic relationships, describes violence.*

It took everything in your power not to cry or show any emotions. It felt like you were suffocating and so many thoughts ran through your mind.

'What kind a fucking name is Mimi?'
'Her fucking boyfriend?'
'I really fucking thought I meant something to him.'
'I should've known, he was too fucking perfect.'
'I was a behavioral analyst. How the hell did I not see this coming?'
'It's like a fucking psychic not knowing what comes next.'

The interaction in the basement just confused you. His kiss was passionate, it made you crave more. His lips were so soft and sweet. The way he manhandled you, made you feel wanted. You've never been kissed like that or touched like that.

But you felt hurt. How the hell could you know who's telling you the truth? You didn't know her, you've only known him for two weeks. Men lie, that's all you've known. That's all you're ex-boyfriends did anyway. They lie, cheat then act like you're insane. How do you know this isn't what's going on right now?

You used your fingers to undo the tangles in your hair and then adjusted your outfit. Hoping it didn't look like, you were just manhandled by a insufferable fucking giant.

 Hoping it didn't look like, you were just manhandled by a insufferable fucking giant

You walked through the threshold finally looking up and immediately regretting it. Every detective was there, not just narcotics but homicide as well. Everyone was looking at you like a piece a meat, more than usual. You quickly sat down at your desk, looking down at the papers in front of you.

"Alright, glad y'all are here." Bridges said entering the room, Trapp stood right next to him. "I invited you all here because I need to hear the report on the slasher killings. We had no leads for months, and now we have them behind bars, thanks to Ron, Flip and Salem." Chief praised everyone looked at you three and clapped. You tried your best not to look at Flip. It was hard considering he was right in front of you.

"It was all Salem

"It was all Salem." Flip said, "if it wasn't for her we would've never got a lead." Ron added

'Can everyone not put me on the fucking spot, I just wanna melt into the floor.' You thought.