Chapter 22

Rishi's pov :
Rahul sat there numb. We know that he is going through so many emotions right now. Aunty sat beside him and holded his shoulder.

"Rishi, please come, we will go search her" Shreya whispered panicking. I nodded before turning to them.

"Aunty, look after him. I will go and search her. Shreya you too stay with them" I said taking my keys.

"No, I will come with you, please" Shreya said running to me.

"Shreya, I can't look after you. Stay here" I said before running outside.

Riding through the road she probably went on and looked for her.

After rounding for an hour, I spotted her scooty. I ran towards it. It was on the woods. I searched for any clue but nothing caught up in my eyes.

Rahul and I know the deputy officer of this city so I called him immediately and informed him. I filed a complaint and he came to the place and checked the area. There was no cctv camera around the place so it would be difficult to find out. Shreya called me.

"Rishi, what happened? Did you find her?" she asked as soon as I picked up the call.

"No, I found her scooty on the roadside" I said hearing her gasping sound.

"What? Then where is she? What is the possibility" she questioned.

"The police suspects that she is kidnapped because the bike has no accidental signs" I said hearing her crying sound. The phone went silent.

"I want to discuss something with Rahul. Where is he?" the officer asked me.

"He is in home. Actually he is in shock till now that's why I came here" I said assuring him.

"Okay, let's go to him then" he said which I nodded. I went in my car whereas he followed me. We reached the house.

Rahul looked up at me hopefully and I shook my head. His face turned sad and the officer walked inside. He watched Rahul's miserable face. He too looked at him.

"Sir" he stammered while standing on his legs.

"Don't lose your hope Rahul, we will find her soon" he said patting his shoulder while he cried hugging him.

I have been with him for more than 15 years but I never seen him cry. That shows how much she means to him. I can't even talk to anyone if I was in his situation. I can't imagine with Shreya.

Rithu is also my favourite girl whom I always been proud off. More than her, Rahul's condition was even worse. I can't see his tears.

That's when I noticed Shreya was not in the hall. I looked at aunty and asked her silently about Shreya. She signalled her hand to the left room. I went to the room immediately.

She was in a bed crying her eyes out. I moved towards her and hugged her. I didn't thought about her as my full concentration was on Rahul.

"It's okay, don't cry. She will be fine" I said patting her back.

"I... I can't hold this. She.. wa.. was so happy in the morning. All smiling and blushing. I even teased her. Now.." she cried louder. I sat with her and consoled her for few minutes before taking her to the hall again.

They are talking something. We went towards them and sat beside aunty holding Shreya another side. The officer looked at us.

"So do you have any suspect? It would be easy for us to find soon" he asked looking at all. I seriously didn't know anything about her professional life.

"She lastly dealt with the land mafia case and she told me that they are very powerful and they even killed many people for their business. She won the case last week" Shreya whispered shocking me. Rahul widened his eyes before nodding.

"Yeah, she told me that. She worked hard on that case and she even got fever because of her sleepless working nights" Rahul whispered more like remembering now.

I remember about she got her fever last week but I didn't know anything other than that. She is always a fierce cat. Even experienced lawyers are scared of taking this types of case but she is very brave.

"Okay, do you know his details? Name?" the officer asked him.

"Wait, the file was in my room. I will bring it" he said before running to his room.

He came back within few minutes and handed the file to him. He read that file and closed it.

"Okay, I will handle it. Don't worry. I will let you know once I get to know anything" he said before standing. Rahul just nodded his head and went back to his numb mode.

I thanked him and walked with him till he reached the car. He smiled at me assuring and drove off. I went inside without knowing what to do.

Rahul slowly went to his room without saying anything. I assured them both and aunty went to her room. I took Shreya to the another room and consoled her who was so weekly crying.

Rahul's pov:
A day later,
I never felt a pain like this before in my entire life. Each second felt like a million years to pass.

I blamed myself for everything happened. I would have been careful around her. I would have been dropped her in the office. Atleast I would have arranged a driver for her. I was so careless.

The one thing I have learned in this two days is I can't live a single minute without her. Now, I found out the reason of her presence in my life.

Her smile meant the world to me. Her values in my life is something unexplainable. I can't loose her. I prayed every god to save her.

Rishi was helping the officer in my place. He also managed the hospital. I can't thank him enough but now my entire concentration is her.

Her voice echoing in my head. Her images blurring my mind. I couldn't process anything other than her face.

Rishi walked into my room and sat beside me. He handed me a juice bottle.

"Have it Rahul, you haven't had anything from yesterday night. Don't spoil your body for that" he whispered when I shook my head.

"No Rishi, I don't feel like eating anything" I said glancing over the floor.

"Rahul, please. They almost tracked her so we just need to stay strong. You are weak now" he said again pushing the glass to me.

"I badly want to see her now. Nothing important than that" I said clearly not wanting to drag this topic. I heard him sigh.

"I don't want you to endup like Shreya. I can't handle everyone Rahul" he said shocking me.

"What happened to her?" I asked panicking.

"Like you, she didn't want to eat anything though I insisted her more and went unconscious an hour ago. I started her fluids without hearing her pleads. Trust me, I don't want to see you like that" he said concerning me.

"She loves her more than me" I whispered slowly.

"Do you think I don't love Rithika? She is my sister and this hurts me too but I can't sit here like you. I ate because I need to be strong when we meet her. We doctors always trained in a way to think positively no matter what but now you're completely surrounded by negativity. I'm not asking you to be normal but healthy to protect her" he said more politely causing my tears float away.

I hugged him and cried while he supported me. I drank the juice. If I was in his position, I would have definitely yelled at him. He is one hell calm person.