Chapter 5

Rahul's pov :
I was in a trauma department today with Rishi. This is one of the best traumatic care hospital in this whole area.

I have been informed about the new accident case so we waited at the entrance talking with Rishi. He always being teasing me.

Ambulance arrived and they pulled out the stretcher with a girl lying on it. Her face was fully covered with blood. I didn't took a minute to analyse her before taking her in.

I checked her heart beat which was very low. Rishi connected the ventilator by inserting a tube inside her mouth. I started her fluids. Two nurses cleaned her bloods and one filled her details in the computer.

"Do anyone know about her name?" she yelled outside to make them check her bag or mobile.

"Her name is Rithika" the other nurse yelled from outside making my heart stop for a while.

Rishi and I looked at each other and then looked at her face. I noticed the same chain at her neck. Suddenly, we all heard a beep sound from the machine. Her heart beat stopped. Shit!

I immediately did a CPR by placing my hand at her heart and pressing it fastly. Rishi held a defibrillator and asked me to move my hands.

"Charge to 200" he yelled. My hands are shivering and I didn't get anything to process in my mind.

He then put it on her chest and it moved upwards. We all looked towards the machine which was same as before. I can't able to see her lying down in this condition.

My eyes are blurred. I turned towards the opposite side controlling my tears. She was all happy yesterday at this time.

"250" I heard his scream and then the beating sound. The beep sound slowed down. I turned towards that machine seeing a slow heart beat. I sighed in relief.

I looked at Rishi thankfully and moved towards her. I pulled her top up and checked her stomach seeing a blue shade of her skin. Blood clotted inside because of the heavy injury.

"We need CT scan immediately" Rishi said and we all moved the bed outside. I asked the nurse to inform Shreya from her mobile.

We checked her completely. Her hip bone being the most affected part so we took her for surgery. Still her heart beat was very slow giving us no hope.

After surgery, we moved her to ICU and hooked her fully to the machines. She is living because of all the life saving machines. She looked very weak and her whole body looked like a mess.

"Let's keep her in high medicines and have to watch her improvement" he said to me patting my shoulder.

"Don't worry Rahul, she will be fine" he said assuringly. I nodded and moved out with him.

We saw Shreya looking at us crying. She immediately ran towards us.

"What happened to her? How is she now?" she asked looking at us hopefully but I held my head down.

"She is alive but nothing is in our hands. We have to wait for two more days and watch her condition. Her heart beat is still low" Rishi said making her cry harder.

She sobbed. I glared at him but it was not his mistake as we have to tell everything to them though it's harder.

"Shreya, don't worry. We will try our best to keep her safe. Did you informed your parents?" I asked her. She shook her head sobbing.

"Inform them first, if you want give their mobile number, I will inform them" I said.

"No, we are orphans. Please, I beg you. Save her. I don't have anyone other than her. Please" she sobbed heavily joining her both hands together. The word orphan hitted me hardly.

"Orphans? She said you're her sister" I asked confused.

"Yeah, she always call me as sister since I take care of her in everything" she said. Rishi too held the same expression as mine.

"Did you ate anything?" I asked her. She looked at me angrily. Oh god, I touched the wrong button.

"You care about food than her? Why don't you assure me that she will be fine. I will do anything in return please" she yelled.

I was shocked to see her like this. Even own sister won't be like her in this generation.

"We can understand you Shreya but apart from that, there is a real thing which you must know and that's why we told you everything. Her body is not reacting to any medicines till now but it may change in few hours so let's hope for the best. You can trust us and pray to God. Now, come with me, I will buy you something " Rishi told her but she is nowhere to calm down.

I looked at Rishi to take care of her and I went inside again. I sat beside Rithika holding her hand. I always felt something different when I was with her.

"Don't even dare try to leave us" I said hopping her to answer me but her eyes are still closed.