Chapter 27

Rahul's pov :
After an hour, I went to her room again watching Shreya sitting beside her sleeping body. I chimed in and sat opposite to her.

"Why are you angry on him? You know already that he is managing so many things alone for the last few days. He's being stressed out" I told her.

"Don't worry, I will talk to him soon" she said almost avoiding the topic. I sighed.

Rithika moved her body lightly so I moved towards her. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She took her hand slowly to her back and rubbed her hip slowly.

"It's so painful Rahul" she whispered weakly. I then mixed the pain medicine in her fluids.

"Try to eat something, then you will gain some energy. Now, try to turn around" I said looking at her.

"Oh noo, I can't lie on my back now" she whined immediately.

"Just turn to your side and then I will make you sit slowly" I said.

She tried to turn her body with her closed eyes in pain. Shreya helped her while I held her shoulder.

"No, it's extremely painful" she said holding her back again.

"It will reduce in few minutes, just try" I said lightly pulling her shoulder up.

Somehow she turned to her side and I slowly pulled her up while holding her head and waist. She held my hand tightly and wincing all over the process.

"Shreya, hold her" I said and she held her immediately.

I adjusted the bed to sitting position and placed the pillow on her back. I held Rithika again and slowly made her sit slouching to the bed.

"I will bring her lunch" Shreya said and walked out.

"When will the pain reduce?" Rithika asked slowly. I sat beside her holding her hands.

"It will last for a week but still you will feel the pain for months if you touch them or collide with something" I said not wanting to scare her but ended up doing it. She glared at me.

"Why do I have to endure all this? The only thing that held me up is our baby otherwise I doubt that whether I would have made it till now or not" she said sadly. I really don't want to continue this topic.

"It's okay, don't fed up now" I said rubbing her hand slowly. Shreya came in with her lunch.

She fed her slowly. Rishi came inside watching us.

"How you feel now Rithika?" he asked as soon as coming. Rithika was silent and didn't look at him.

"What's with her now?" he asked me with irritation in his voice. I too don't know like him.

"Rithu, what happened?" I asked her while Shreya fed her without paying attention.

"I won't talk to him. He promised me that he would numb me and I won't feel anything but I did feel everything. An excruciating pain overall" she said looking at her food to avoid our eye contact.

Rishi glared at me because I was the one asked him to not say anything.

"I don't remember about promising that. I just said it" he said almost fed up with everyone.

"I take everyone's word seriously so it was a promise to me" she said still avoiding him.

"Fine. Rahul, I can't handle these two weird women and I'm taking off from her case so you take care of her. Come and ask me if you have any doubt" he said immediately barging out of the room while I called his name again and again. I glared at Rithika especially.