Chapter 7

Rahul's pov :
We proceeded slowly in her case and that slowly improved her health. We informed Shreya that she is improving and watched her happy tearful eyes.

A day passed. Shreya went to her house and picked up some clothes for her as I arranged a room here for her.

Nurse informed me that Rithika opened her eyes so we both ran towards ICU.

I saw her eyes open which instantly made me happy. Rishi and I stood beside her smiling. She looked at the surrounding first and then her body.

Her blood pressure increased suddenly!!!

She is freaking out after seeing us!!!

She tried to sit up but I held her down. She pushed my hand forcefully and that caused her pain so she screamed.

"Rithika, please, hold on. You are safe" I said but as usual she didn't hear my words.

"Leave me, I want to leave from here" she said crying her eyes out. She tried to pull her iv from her hand but Rishi stopped her.

"Sister, please, lie down. You are severely injured already" Rishi said pushing her lightly. She glared at us.

"Please, take me out from here. I want Shreya. Where is she?" she asked. I signalled the nurse to call her inside.

We waited for few minutes until she arrived. As soon as she saw her, Shreya ran towards the bed and kissed her head crying. They both cried holding each other. Rishi looked at me blankly.

"Shreya, take me home please" she said holding her hands. She can't even walk now but she is asking for that.

"Rithu, you need to stay here for few days. You are unconscious for the last two days and these two doctors only saved you" she said to her slowly. She looked at me but her look was different.

"I can't stay here. You know very well that I hate hospitals" she said. I continuously checked her bp in the machine.

"I know but this situation is unhelpful. You went through a surgery then how can I take you home?" Shreya whispered. She look shocked.

"What? Who gave you the permission to operate on me?" she asked me directly. I looked at her bewildered.

"Let's talk this later. Now, take a deep breath. Your bp is increasing and if it continues like this, then we need to sedate you" I said to her and she glared at me.

"I will kill you if you do that" she yelled. I looked at Shreya to help me. Rishi simply stood watching everything silently.

She tried to sit again. Rishi and Shreya both tried to stop her but I signalled them to move away so they did.

Through her half way, she screamed while hitting her back again in the bed. She cried loudly. Shreya held her hand supportively and looked at us.

"Stop crying and listen now. You can't move or walk as your hip bone is being injured heavily. We have assigned a physiotherapist for you and she will make you walk slowly. Until then, you have to obey us so that we will try our best to send you home soon" I said boldly.

She didn't said anything except crying.

"Shreya, we will shift her to normal room after checking her completely so you please wait outside for few minutes" I said. She looked at her and walked out silently but Rithika held her hand.

"Please, don't leave me Shreya" she said inbetween her hiccups. She is already dehydrated. Shit!

I removed their hands and checked her heartbeat. Rishi too jumped into the field and injected painkiller into her iv. Shreya watched everything silently and went out.

"Leave me, don't do anything" she screamed and cried.

A fierce cat was crying!!! Her boldness attracted me earlier but now her cries made my heart clench.

Eventhough with all her protest, we both checked her vitals and made her sleep. We both sighed and went out.

I asked the nurse to change her into the normal room in her unconscious state because I can't assure anything if she is conscious.

In the evening, she woke up tiredly. I went inside with my friend Rita who is a physiotherapist. Shreya was also inside the room. Rishi have surgery so he went.

Rita checked all her reports. She smiled at Rithika and pressed her hip lightly, "Nooooooo" she immediately reacted for the touch.

"Shh, I know it will hurt you but I need to check. Don't worry, I will be gentle" Rita said and pressed again. Rithika immediately held her hand and shook her head.

I sighed and went towards her. I held her both hands and asked Rita to continue. She pressed slowly but Rithika started shouting to leave her.

Then she held her leg and slowly moved it upside by bending her knee. Rithika immediately tried to sit with her painful hip but ended up in bed again.

Shreya tried to comfort her but nothing affected her other than the pain. Rita continuously pulled up and down her both legs slowly which resulted in more set of tears and screamings.

Even the whole hospital can hear her screaming. I noticed that Shreya also crying slowly after failing to comfort her.

"Rahul, Rahul, please, I can't" she yelled my name continuously. I felt so pity for her.

"Rita, fine, stop it. You can continue tomorrow" I said without being able to see her tears. She looked at me sighing.

"If we continue like this, then she will take more weeks to walk" she complained. I know everything but I can't able to see her crying.

"Yeah, I know. This is just first day for her so we will take it slowly" I said leaving her hands.

"Okay, between I will prescribe few medicines to cure her internal bones so you see to that. You have to inject her twice a day and suppose if you can't, then tell me I will do it" she said everything infront of her.

Already she is crying but now she looked at me like seeing a ghost.

"I will do it. Don't worry" I assured her and she left immediately.

"Sorry for all this but you have to go through all this for few days. Shreya, give her something to eat and make her rest for few hours" I said. She nodded at me and I went out.

Already exhausted with this day!!!