Chapter 25

Rahul's pov:
In the evening, I was beside Rithu watching her sleep peacefully. I looked at her innocent face with lots of emotions running inside me.

Rishi came inside holding an xray. He took me to the corner and gave me the result. I grabbed and watched it. Her knees lost the cartilages so she have little mobility problems. Even in her ankle and wrist.

"So what do we do now?" I asked him knowing there are many ways to bring back the mobility of the bone.

"You can decide that. We have two options according to her condition. One is surgery on her knee which is the most affected of all. Other places can be treated by few medicines. Second one is stem cell therapy, using her own stem cells we can treat all the bones. So what do you prefer?" he asked me.

"Did you talk to Rita?" I asked him knowing definitely he would have done it. He nodded. Rita is in her holiday.

"She prefer the second one. The only thing is that the process will be little painful as you know but she will get the mobility in 2 or 3 days whereas the surgery will take weeks to heal. Moreover, considering her pregnancy, the stem cell is much better" he said. I thought for a while before looking at him.

"So let's do the second one" I stated.

"We need to talk to her about this since we need her consent" he said worrying me. She won't accept.

"You try to not explain her the full procedure. Just tell the outline without scaring her" I said possibly it will make her agree.

"Why don't you do that while I stand beside you silently?" he asked teasing me.

"She will try to convince me but she will obey you" I said chuckling. He laughed.

"Nice joke of the year. Come, let's go" he said. I followed him outside and he explained all the things to Shreya and my mom.

"Mom, you go home and take rest. She is fine so we will take care of her. Bring some clothes for her tomorrow" I said and she agreed.

We went inside again taking Shreya with us. She will make her agree.

Rithika was awake so we moved towards her.

"Rahul, when will you discharge me?" she asked immediately noticing us. Most hated question.

"Rishi is your doctor, ask him" I said and he glared at me. She looked at him.

"Maybe in a week if you cooperate with us" he said scratching his beard. She looked at us questioning.

"Rithika, we are going to do stem cell therapy tomorrow for healing your bones" he said finally dropping the bomb. She look confused.

"What is that?" she asked tiredly. I looked at him laughing inside.

"We will take your stem cells and inject it in your affected bone" he said the outline perfect.

"How will you take my stem cell?" she asked making us pale. I really don't want her to know about the procedure.

"We will inject a needle in your hip bone an..." "No, I don't want it" she declared.

"Rithu, hear him out first" I said jumping in the conversation. She shook her head.

"We will numb your whole region Rithika so you won't feel anything" he said finally. She still shook her head.

"If you don't want, then we will do surgery but it will take months to even stand" I said lightly scaring her. She held a pathetic look.

"I already endured a lot of pain and still you are not letting me free" she whined.

"Just this, then we will discharge you in a week" Rishi said while Leela entered the room. That's when I noticed the time. Her shift is going to end in few minutes.

"What are you discussing?" she asked smiling at everyone.

"What do you prefer? Surgery or stem cell therapy?" he asked her.

"She is pregnant so surgery might risk her health condition. The second one is better and safe" she said without even thinking for a minute.

Rithika seems convinced. She started checking her stomach since she is running out of time.

"Rahul, I will prepare a healthy diet for her and you make sure she is following that completely. I will give you tomorrow morning" she said looking at me and I nodded.

She straightly went to the table and continued her work. Rithu noticed her and looked at me with her pleading eyes. Lee turned with a shot almost making her vulnerable.

"Please, I don't want it. It hurts like hell" she pleaded with her croaking voice.

"It's really important for your baby, you will get it two times a day for three days, then you can be free" Lee whispered all the while smiling at her.

Rithu's face look drained out of sudden. If it isn't for the baby, she definitely would have created any chaos. She tried to turn her body and Shreya helped her.

I took her hand and we both looked at each other. I lost in her scary eyes. I saw her closing eyes which emitted few tears and gripping my hand tightly.

She shook her head in pain while biting her lips. It made me sad and I sighed looking away from her.

She cried loudly getting my attention again on her face. I wiped her tears continuously which continued for few minutes. I felt her cold hands rubbing my hand tightly. I stood up seeing her cry harder. I moved aside letting Shreya take my place.

"When is her therapy tomorrow?" Leela asked completely distracting me.

"Morning" Rishi whispered.

"Then I will come in the afternoon" she said making me drop my shoulder. Rishi too looked at me blankly. She went out.

Rishi held my hand and dragged me outside. He stopped her before she walks away.

"Lee, can you remove her shot in the afternoon? She obviously will be in much pain after the therapy" Rishi asked while I too nodded at her.

"Calling off may worsen the baby's condition since that's the only thing we are providing her to improve. Still it's your wish" she said hopeless.

"Okay, let's see. We will try to do maximum or call off in the worst situation" I said nodding at her. She smiled and went away.

"Rahul, go home and take rest. Shreya will take care of her because she needs you tomorrow completely. If you stay here, you won't feel good tomorrow" he stated.

"Oh god, you are the one running from last two days without getting any rest. You go" I said holding his shoulder.

"I'm going definitely because I need lots of energy and patience to do the therapy. Shreya will stay with her and will call us if any emergency. Rithika will fall asleep in few minutes because of her medicine so she won't know anything so go" he said smiling. I nodded.

We both went inside seeing Rithika still crying from the pain. I sat beside her rubbing her head for few minutes. She fell asleep holding my hands. I wiped her tears stained face and kissed her forehead before turning off to leave.

"Shreya, she won't wakeup in the middle so you sleep well. Call me if you need anything" I said to which she nodded. I left from there.