Chapter 10

Rahul's pov :

I went inside looking for her.

"Why do you think that it's not an accident?" I asked stepping beside her. She glared at me in return. Shreya look shocked.

"Actually it's none of your business. You are just my doctor" she said rudely.

"Rithika, don't talk to him like that. He is not just a doctor" Shreya whispered angrily. She didn't mind her.

"Well, actually it's my business when the cop asked me that whether I checked your head correctly or not" I said not wanting to hurt her but that instantly brought a tear slide through her cheeks.

She just looked at me blankly with tears blurring her eyes. Shreya tried to calm her and wiped her tears.

"So you came here to check my head again, right? You don't believe me" her voice cracked. Guilt.

"No, I'm not. I came here to help you because no cops are going to help you even if you take them to courts" I said boldly wanted nothing but her happiness.

"That lorry suddenly came from nowhere and it had no chance of hitting me" she said looking down.

"And how do you sure about that?" I asked clearly. She might get doubt in everything as she is a lawyer.

"Why don't you get it? I took a powerful case and won just before that fucking day and I'm damn sure that it is not an accident" she yelled this time. She definitely have a lawyer blood in her body.

"Fine, I will take care of this. You don't worry about that" I said. She glared at me. What the hell is wrong with her?!

"You know what, you don't have to do anything for me. I will take care of myself. You just have to let me free from this hell" she spat out immediately.

Why is she always testing my patience! I fedup with this girl already.

"Rithika" Shreya warned her. I just stared at her trying to read her mind.

"Give her something to eat as she needs energy in the evening" I said just to scare her. I watched her expression and chuckled. I went out.

I called my friend who is working as a deputy collector and asked him to help me in her case. He assured me and asked me to wait for two days.

I went to her room in the evening hearing laughing sound. I saw Rishi and Shreya telling her something and she is bursting out loudly.

The moment she looked at me, her face changed to normal. I felt like a third wheel.

"Hey, Rahul, come on" Rishi said excited. I really want to kick this man out. I went beside them.

"I want to take her blood for few tests" I declared immediately getting a glare from her.

"What? No. How many times will you take my blood in the name of test? Are you drinking it?" she teased me while the two other started laughing. I glared at Rishi and he immediately shut his mouth.

"Don't say like that, Rithika. We need to check your body daily and definitely he is not a vampire" Rishi said to her again laughing.

"Still no, why don't you both leave me free for atleast a day? And when will you discharge me?" she asked.

"Maybe in a week" Rishi said thoughtfully.

"Oh my god, I can't stay here for that long. I have few cases" she exclaimed.

"For that, you need to walk first and then think about work. Now, don't argue and stay still for me" I said politely pulling the syringe out. She immediately panicked.

"No, Rishi help me please" she yelled.

"I can't. You asked chocolate few minutes ago right? I will buy you many but now, you have to obey him" he said. Drama queen.

"No chocolate will equal this pain. Please, Shreya atleast you tell him" she said with pure panic in her face.

"Just close your eyes and I will hold you then you won't feel anything" she said and sat beside her.

She knew very well that arguing with anyone will not work in my case. So she closed her eyes tightly and held Shreya's hand.

I passed it to Rishi and stood there simply watching her face. Suddenly her face hardened and bited her lips. She shook her head and a single tear escaped from her closed eyelids.

"All done" he whispered and passed the needle to me. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"No more needles today" she announced like she is a doctor. I smirked.

"We can't assure you anything in medical life" I chuckled earning a glare from her.

"Hey, don't scare her. Let it be" Rishi whispered. With that I went out.

After some time, Rita came with us and we tried to make her stand on her own but ended up holding her atlast. She needs time to move slowly.

After work, I went to home with my heavy body.