Chapter 21

After one month

Rithika's pov :
Everything went well as we thought. Rahul always took care of me in everything. We spend few times together after winning in that case.

We went few places together and with Shreya and Rishi in the weekends. After the work, I was watching tv with his mom. Rahul came tiredly. After smiling at us, he went straight to our room.

I too followed him with the dinner. I kept it in the table and looked at him. He sat at the sofa and scrolled something in his mobile.

"Change and come. Eat first and then use your phone" I said pulling his hand.

"What now? Don't act like a typical wife. I will eat. You eat and sleep" he said. I know he is tired but I so want to cut his tongue now.

"No, I won't eat until you eat" I whined.

"Arghh, fine" he said standing up.

He freshened up and sat in the sofa while I arranged his food in a plate and sat beside him. He looked at me.

"What are you waiting for? Eat with me" he said. I showed my full teeth at him.

"I already ate with mom. You eat" I said laughing and he glared at me.

"You won't change" he said and ate his dinner silently.

"You know what, I found out something today. We have one similar thing in our profession" I said happily. He raised his eyebrows like 'what'

"People always say the truth only to doctors and lawyers. Hahaha" I laughed. He sighed.

"But you always lie to me about your health" he said while eating.

"I didn't say lawyers and doctors speak the truths" I said.

"My angel, please go and sleep. My eardrums are banging already" he said dramatically.

"You are so cruel Rahul, you got bored of me now itself" I said like crying.

"What happened to you? Are you on your periods?" he asked me changing the subject.

My periods got delayed already and my cramps and morning sickness are something I need to tell him but I denied myself.

I thought to tell him after few days. I bought a pregnancy kit today but thought of checking it tomorrow morning after he leaves.

If I tell him now, he will definitely ask me to stay in home for atleast two years which I don't want to do but at the same time I can't hide it from him for long since he will find out easily.

"No" I said simply. He looked at me questioningly. I pouted my lips.

"Hmmm, sleep then" he said. I turned and lied in a bed angrily. He stared at me without knowing anything.

In the morning, he left early. With a fear in my heart, I tried it. Because I don't have courage to see negative.

With these thoughts, I looked at the kit and it turns out to be positive. I was so happy that I couldn't think of anything properly.