Chapter 20

Rahul's pov :
I was sitting beside her trying to make her eat something since she is vomiting everything she eats. She is already tired of us compelling her.

Rishi was not at home. He got few works in the hospital so he will come late.

She is not even allowing me to give her tablets for controlling her vomit.

"Rithu, please, allow me to treat you" I asked her. She shook her head. I looked at Shreya.

"It doesn't look like a normal fever. Hear him" Shreya said supporting me but nothing changed her.

She got throat infection too but she hides it. I let her take rest for few minutes.

After few hours, Rishi came and looked at us. He came straight to her and touched her forehead making her jerk away. Her body is always heat but our hands are always freeze.

"Hey Rahul, she is burning heavily. Don't you have sense? Sitting like this will not reduce her fever" he shouted at me in a shocking tone. I looked at her.

"See, because of you only he is shouting at me" I said to her.

"Rishi, it's not his mistake. He continuously asked me to treat but I denied him" she said to him slowly. I looked at him blankly but he glared at me.

"If you wait for her approval, then you are going to sit like this forever. You already knew this but still what are you doing?" he yelled. What the hell is wrong with him!

"Rishi, my fever will reduce in one or two days. Don't shout at him. You all go and do your works" she said getting tired.

"No, your body is not same like before. You went through a surgery and many system are affected already. Now, you have only little immune power to protect you from the virus. If you wait for this to reduce, then you will be admitted in an ICU within two days because you are too weak now. And this idiot knows all this and still sitting here dumb" he said.

When it comes to her, I completely lose my sense. I didn't thought of anything till now until he said. Yeah, her body has lost more immune and bone strength. She has to regain everything slowly.

I looked at him sorrowfully. He sighed and left the room. She looked at me horrible. Shreya stood there silently.

After a minute, Rishi barged inside with the medical kit in his hand. Rithika immediately held my hand.

"Rishi, I told you I'm fine. Just leave me" she said stammering.

"It will take only ten minutes. Don't worry" he said grabbing his Stethoscope.

"Rahul, please, I will be fine" she said panicking.

"Nothing to worry. We are here" I said while he checked her heartbeat and pulse. He checked her temperature.

"She got throat infection too" I reminded him and she glared at me.

He checked her throat next and then looked at me. He then prepared a strong antiviral injection.

"Rishi, what, seriously, no" Rithika stammered after looking at the needle. She held my hands with her both hands tightly in fear.

"Shreya, ask him to stop, please" she said panicking. We all didn't talk anything for a while hearing her pleadings.

"Rahul, give her. I will wait outside and give another for her throat infection" he said and moved out. I looked at her sighing. She pleaded me through her eyes.

Without having any other option, I took the needle and Shreya supported her.

"Rahul, Shreya, please, I don't want this" she said.

"Just few seconds" I said trying to make her understand. She argued with us for few minutes but I tried to convince her for every pleadings.

Atlast, Shreya ordered her strictly and she turned her body lightly. Without thinking much, I stabbed her quickly. I heard her cries though she cried silently. I gave another one for her throat infection.

I arranged everything and called Rishi inside. I went to her and wiped her tears. She cried closing her eyes. Rishi and Shreya said some convincing words to her.

After that, they both went out. I lied beside hugging her.

"You're a brave girl but still you scared of a little needle. Don't cry" I said patting her head.

She cried for few minutes. Later, Shreya asked me to give her vegetable soup. I fed her slowly getting no for everytime from her. Seriously, it's better to raise a kid than her.

This time I blackmailed her that I will inform Rishi if she don't take the tablets. She obeyed and took it like an obedient kid.

"My hip is painful, don't you do it slowly? Nurse is better than you" she said whining.

"Oh, next time I will call my nurse and ask her to do it. Don't worry" I said chuckling while watching her horrifying expression.

"It's all because of this Rishi idiot. Next time, I won't allow you to treat me. This is last" she said. Back to her fierce mood.

"Fine, leave me. It's tough to argue with you. Sleep well, I will massage you" I said pressing her legs slowly.

"Good and a caring husband" she said pinching my cheek. We both laughed at each other.

Few happy days are meant to be hurt us in the upcoming days. That's what happened with us making us suffer till my entire life.