Chapter 37

Rahul's pov:
I texted Rishi and he came immediately after few minutes. Rithika was still asleep. I told him about her temperature.

He checked her heart beat and temperature without disturbing her sleep. Her temperature is little high.

"It's due to her strong dosage. Give her tablets after breakfast and moniter her temperature. If it's still high, we will go with a shot" he said while washing his hands. I hummed.

"I'm going to hospital. I will come in the afternoon to check on her. You take rest with her" he said and went out. I smiled.

Later, she woke up rubbing her eye with her right hand. I capped the port of her iv and took her to washroom.

"I'm completely weak to even walk" she said pouting. I supported her all the while.

"You have fever so it feels like that" I said to her.

After few minutes, I layed her again and texted Shreya to come.

She came with a breakfast and smiled at her. She is not allowing us to appoint any maid for cooking and cleaning. She wanted to do it all by herself even if her health is worse. I sometimes wonder if she is a human.

"Are you still mad at Rishi?" I asked her while taking the plates from her hand. Her face straightened.

"Don't ask me about that Rahul bro" she said shrugging it off. So I didn't. I know Rishi will make it up for her so I left with him.

After few minutes of talking, I fed her breakfast and gave her tablets. Shreya too went inside the house.

"Okay, sleep if you want or take rest. I have some work to complete so you okay?" I asked her.

"No, no, don't go anywhere. I can't be here alone" she panicked.

"No, I'm just going to check updates of few patients and pass their reports to the doctors who are now handling it. I will be here the whole time. Don't worry" I said caressing her cheeks. She nodded.

"I will bring my laptop in few minutes. Just rest" I said and moved out. I collected my lap and went back to the medical room.

She was looking something at her mobile. I went to the table and started doing my work.

After few minutes, I noticed that she is still on her mobile. Her eyes are heavy.

"Rithu, try to sleep. You have fever" I said. She looked at me and pouted her lips.

"My body is paining but I can't sleep" she replied with her tired eyes.

"Ohh, then it's your wish. Rishi will come in the afternoon and will check you. If your fever is high, then I can't stop him" I said more sternly. She gasped.

"When do you even have supported me in the past?" she asked angrily.

"I can't when it comes to your health" I said not wanting to argue further. She sighed.

She kept the mobile aside and layed there simply avoiding my gaze. I chuckled and continued my work.

After few minutes, I noticed that she was asleep. I checked her temperature and it was comparatively low than the morning.

In the afternoon, Rishi came in and smiled at me.

"How is her temperature?" he asked moving beside her. She was still asleep.

"It's quite reducing" I said standing up.

He checked her temperature which made her wake up. She slowly looked at us. I smiled at her.

"It isn't reducing Rahul" he said and showed me the thermometer. I was shocked.

"It's fluctuating I guess. Just before an hour I checked and it was low" I said thinking of all the possibilities. He further checked her heart beat and bp.

"Her immunity level is weak as always. It's the reason. Fever reducer would be fine" he said. She blinked her eyes still not waking up properly.

He went to the medicine cupboard and prepared the shot. She still didn't find it. I sat beside her and took her hands with mine. She smiled.

"I feel like sleeping" She whispered while landing her head on my shoulder.

"You can sleep after having lunch baby" I said rubbing her back. She hummed. Rishi came with a needle. I know she would freak out the minute she saw that.

"Rithu, wake up, just few minutes" I said pulling her shoulders from me. She looked at me questiongly. I smiled at her. I looked at Rishi. She followed my gaze and her eyes widened immediately.

"What? No Rahul" she shouted immediately. She doesn't even have energy to do anything but still she can shout at top of her lungs for this.

"Just few minutes, then your fever will go away" I said pulling her hands together. She shook her head.

"I'm completely fine. It's just the temperature" She argued immediately at me.

"You have internal fever baby, it will affect the baby" I said. She sighed.

"You always tell this to shut my mouth" she argued. She was angry for playing this card every time.

"It's the truth Rithika" Rishi replied. She glared at him. She pushed my hand away and layed down simply. I touched her but she stopped me.

"Don't" she said harshly and turned her body towards me and buried her head in the pillow. Her hand clutched the bedsheet.

Rishi looked at me and I nodded at him. He pulled her pants and inner down and sterilized her flesh.

He then pushed the needle in which made her body jerk up immediately. She started sobbing while Rishi continued.

I tried to console her but even at that state, she pushed me with all the strengths in her body. I stood there silently watching her crying body.

Rishi rubbed her skin lightly and discarded the needle. He looked at me and I signalled him that I would manage her so he went out.

I rubbed her skin and she immediately layed flat on her back while jerking my hand off. I looked at her face. It's really tough to convince her now so I left her simply.

She didn't talked to me as well as she didn't sleep. I continued my work rather than thinking something.