Chapter 28

Rahul pov:

The next two days went faster than usual. She was improving slowly making us relieve.

"Rahul, take me home please. I don't want to stay here" Rithika pouted her lips making me glare at her.

"It's just been 4 days and you are being fed up here already" I said while checking my patient report. Shreya went to home to freshen up and Rishi was busy doing his work.

"It's boring. Looking at these four walls makes me sick. Did someone called from my office?" she asked pissing me immediately.

Her mobile was lost so I need to buy her new one now and they have called me already but I kept silent.

"Rahul, I'm asking you. They know your number so they must have called you. What did you say?" she asked clearly looking at me.

"I informed them about your health condition" I tried to not continue this topic now.

"I have left many works incomplete. They won't even complete it. I need to complete all those" she said hiking my anger up. I can't control anymore.

"You are not going there again" I said more sternly. She stared at me in confusion.

"What?" she asked immediately. Why don't she understand anything?

"I can't risk your life again Rithika. First accident, now kidnapped and who knows about what will happen next time? We all have endured enough already so you are not working anymore" I said more like yelling at her. She was in shock.

"Rahul, you know very well about me but still you are arguing over that thing again. You too know that I won't sacrifice my work for anything" she said in her most peculiar voice.

I stood in annoyance and glared at her. Even in this condition she doesn't have any fear.

"So you are saying that you can even sacrifice our baby for your stupid work" I said mocking her. She glared at me.

"When did I say that?" she argued.

"You said 'Anything' right. Whether it can be our baby, me or even you" I yelled losing all my patience.

"Rahul, it's anything, not anyone. Don't worry, hereafter I will be more aware about the situations" she said silently. She was scared.

"Yeah, don't fucking say that again. You said the same thing last time and ended up here again. You don't care about yourself. You only want your job. It's utter waste to argue with you but still I'm here trying to change you. It's fine, do whatever you want but if anything happens to my baby, that's it. Remind yourself" I yelled again.

She look abandoned and her tears slipped slowly. I was angry to the level that I couldn't reciprocate what I'm saying.

"So you care more about your baby, right?" she asked heartbroken but her face didn't calm me down. I would have slapped her if she was not in the hospital bed.

"Yes, I can't trust you with my baby. You will do anything over my baby for that sick job and I won't let you do anything. So do whatever you want but I won't listen to you in this matter" I yelled losing all my sanity. Her body jerked few times hearing my loud voice.

"Stop it Rahul, please get out. I don't want to see you anymore" she said while her tears are running down continuously.

"Fine, I'm going because me and my baby means nothing to you. You want your work over us and..." "Please get out" she yelled while holding her hands together and crying hardly.

I stormed out after looking at her hurtful face. I went to my room and sat there silently while recollecting everything I said.

After few hours of sitting alone, Rishi barged in with his storming face. He must have known everything.

"Are you an idiot, Rahul!!!! I told you to wait right? Is this a right time to talk with her? Just now she is recovering slowly and now she is sobbing hardly which may affect her health again. Are you even a doctor first? What did you say to her?" he asked furiously.

So she didn't say anything about what I said otherwise he would have killed me by now. I kept silent without knowing what to tell him. If I say what I said, he won't even forgive me though he knows my anger issues very well.

"You won't say anything right? Fine, I will ask Rithika then. I'm fedup with you Rahul. She is an innocent soul but you hurt her. Remember I won't support you this time. I can't put up with your attitude anymore. Better go home" with that, he stormed off.

I know very well that I did wrong but I can't face her right now. I hurted her with my hurtful words. I felt guilty. She act like a bold person but she is very sensitive. She definitely won't talk to me for few days.

I don't want to make her angry again by showing my face to her.

So I went to home with my heavy hearted feelings.