Chapter 39

Rithika's pov:
They both came towards me immediately.

"Rithika, it's fine. Just try to relax and breath well. It's nothing serious. We'll take you to the hospital soon" Rishi said while Rahul held my hands in a comfortable way. I nodded at them.

Rahul went out and came back with a small bag in his hand which had some clothes inside. He signalled Rishi. I can see full panic on his face.

"Shreya, take care. If you feel anything, just inform the maid. I will ask her to be with you the whole time. I will be back soon" Rishi said to her calmly. Her tears were already be replaced by a terrific look.

"Rithika, be bold and please take care of her" she whispered it to them.

Then they both carefully drove me to the hospital and I changed my dress into a hospital gown. Soon, I was in Lee's cabin.

She greeted me and asked me to lie on the bed. She put gloves on her hands while talking to them both.

They all surrounded me in no minute and asked me to open my legs with knees high. Though it felt uncomfortable, I slowly did and closed my eyes while holding Rahul's hand tightly.

"Relax Rithika, I'm just going to check it. Breath in and out slowly" Lee said before touching her hand on my vagina which made me flinch immediately.

Rahul held me immediately. When she inserted her finger, I felt horrible. I wanted to scream but I held myself back. She took her hands back and stood from the chair. I slowly laid my legs back.

"She is only 2cm dilated and no contractions till now. Let's try Oxytocin and some exercises" she said moving towards the nurse. She said something to her.

"Rahul, be calm. Don't stress her also. Your face is enough to make her panic more" Rishi shouted at him. That's when I noticed his face. He is more tensed than me. He smiled at him nervously. Rishi sighed and left it.

Lee came back with an already prepared injection and a wipe in her hands. She smiled at me to convince me but I held a sad face. They won't even leave me if I say something now. Rishi will easily shut my mouth by saying it's for the baby.

So I turned towards the left side holding Rahul's hand tightly. I felt my gown being pulled up which made me uncomfortable. Rahul immediately pulled a duvet covering me.

Soon, I felt a strong sting which made me jerk away. They held me down and I cried immediately. The pain was unbearable for me and I couldn't able to do anything.

"Over Rithu" Rahul said and rubbed it with his bare hand hardly. I tried to stop his hand but he held my hand and rubbed for few minutes. I layed there simply sniffing.

"Admit her in a room and ask her to do some walking. I will come soon and check her" Lee whispered. This is going to be very hard for me.

Soon, they let me in a room and asked me to walk and do some exercises. It was very hard for me and I am not mentally well to process everything they are saying.

"Rithu, be strong and confident" Rishi said while putting an iv in my hand. I simply stared at them.

"Come on baby, let's do some walking" Rahul said patting me.

"Rahul, please, I want to take rest as I feel tired" I said whining.

"Baby you have to do this otherwise they will opt for c-section" he said caressing my cheeks.

I felt like crying at that moment but I couldn't. I slowly stood from the bed and Rahul held my iv drips and asked me to walk slowly.

Continuous torture for the next hour. An hour literally felt like an year. They made me lie down again in the bed and they both sat beside me.

Rishi came and stood beside me.

"Lee asked me to give another dose of Oxytocin" he said making me panic.

Rahul's pov:
I could see the fear in her eyes.

"That one is very painful, please no I'm already in so much pain.." she stammered.

"I told you about epidural right? Do you want that? It will be 10x painful than this" I said trying to convince her. Her eyes watered and she shook her head.

"Please no, I'm scared. I don't want anything, please take me home" she cried while wiping her own tears. Her hormones are at peak already.

I looked at Rishi who was busy preparing the shot without minding her state.

"Rishi, please. Don't take revenge on me now, please" she hiccuped looking at him. He immediately stared at her.

"No Rithika, it's for your good. Rahul will kill me if I do something to you so don't scared of me" he replied and continued his work.

She shook her head continuously. I held her hand and caressed it.

"Please, noo" she cried hardly. Rishi came to us and looked at me.

"Rithu, just few minutes. Turn around" I said and turned her slowly. She was protesting my force but she couldn't able to do anything as she was both mentally and physically weak.

Rishi slowly pulled in the injection only to increase her screaming. Her voice echoed in the whole room as like she started her labour.

I consoled her after few minutes. She lay there simply.

After an hour, she had a contraction and within a few hours, she was taken into OT. I couldn't able to see her in pain. My eyes betrayed me as soon as she started screaming.

Lee started examining her and continuously asked her to push. Rishi stood opposite to me and held her hand to support her.

She tried pushing for a few minutes and got tired easily. She cried heavily and I stood there simply wiping my and her tears away.

"Rithika, please try to push. I can see your baby. Breath well and push" Lee shouted to gain her attention. She did breath well and pushed her body one last time with her heartbreaking scream.

Soon, she delivered a baby girl with tears flowing in her eyes. With her body condition, she has endured a lot. I kissed her tears and soon, she went unconscious because of all her screamings.

I glanced at my daughter who was also busy crying and my whole life matters to me at that moment.

Sorry for the very late update.....