Chapter 14

Rithika's pov:

We entered inside seeing a big hall but quickly composing us. She gave us juice to drink. We quietly drank it and Rahul sat opposite to us.

"What you both like for dinner?" she asked me surprising us. Why does she care so much?

"No aunty, we have few works at home so we will leave early" I said slowly.

"No babies, this is your first time here. You must eat. Just tell me, I will make it. It's not a big deal" she said. It seems that she won't leave us without eating.

"Anything would be better" Shreya replied while I glared at Rahul. He muttered a sorry.

"Mom, you prepare it. I will take them to clinic" he said.

"You take Rithika with you. I take Shreya with me" she said shocking me. I can't be alone with him.

"Fine" he said and stood up looking at me. I stood silently and followed him. Once we are out of the house, I slapped him in his shoulder.

"You know I need Shreya with me, right?" I asked slapping his hand while he laugh at me.

"Yeah, I know but mom's order, what can I do?" he said simply.

"Oh, yeah, I know. You are the obedient son in your family, I forgot" I chuckled and we both laughed.

We went to the clinic and he switched on the lights. A small room filled with full of medicines and my nostrils are filled with that smell.

He washed his hands and asked me to sit in a couch. He sat beside me setting few things in the table. He checked my heart beat first and I really felt awkward.

He then checked my eyes and my ankle. He pressed it at different angle and looked at my expression. He checked my blood pressure and looked at me.

"I think you are nervous, can I know why?" he asked me while arranging the things back.

"Why I have to be nervous? No way" I said composing myself.

"But your blood pressure is high which means you are fearing about something" he said chuckling.

"Oh nothing, it's just I'm thinking about the case" I said somewhat relatable. He smiled.

"Hmm, Did you felt any difficulties in this week?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I easily get tired these days" I said honestly. He glared at me.

"You are supposed to take complete rest and you still have got guts to oppose me, then you have to enjoy this" he said.

"Work comes first" I said proudly.

"Health comes first for every human being. Without your health, you can't do anything with your work" he replied. I sighed.

"Whatever. Shall we go now?" I asked him.

"No, I want to take your blood and a single shot" he said making me wide my eyes.

"What? You just said checkup and it's over. I am going now" I said standing up. I tried to walk but he held my hands and pushed me again to sit.

"Rahul, I'm fine. I don't want anything" I pleaded him.

"Blood work is just to check your health again because you are taking many medicines and I just wanna know how that works in your body. Shot is for your health improvement" he said.

I don't even take his prescribed tablets and Shreya doesn't know about it. I usually throw everything without her notice.

"Still I am perfectly fine so leave me" I said. He shook his head and opened the box. He took the syringe outside and that immediately freaked me out.

"Rahul, I need atleast Shreya with me. I can't do this alone" I pleased him finally.

"First, calm down. I m not going to hurt you. You just talk to me or hold my hand" he said showing his hand.

Without any further options, I held his hand with my right hand and he took my left hand for taking blood. I closed my eyes tightly.

I felt something cool on my hand and he asked me some questions to distract me but nothing would really distract me than this horrible situation.

I held myself from crying and screaming infront of him. It's nothing that he wouldn't have seen in me but I don't want to be weak before him.

I felt the needle prick inside my hand making me flinch away lightly. He continuously said some soothing words. He took it out after few seconds and put a small bandaid across it.

"See, that's it" he said cheerfully.

"Yeah, then leave me" I said still feeling the pain. I continuously rubbed my hand to ease the pain and he chuckled at me.

Without giving break, he prepared another in less than a minute and looked at me. I glared at him. My eyes would betray me at anytime soon.

"It will not hurt you" he said simply.

"Then you take it. Why are you always torturing people by those dreadful objects? I don't even know who just invented this injection. I will kill him by my own hands. There are many other ways to give those medicines instead of hurting us" I said clearly frustrating about this thing.

"Oh, what other ways? Don't tell me that people have to drink this" he said smiling.

"Yeah, why not? Even now, you can give me that bottle and I will drink that infront of you" I said proudly. He laughed at me.

"Do you know what will happen then? We are not giving you medicine to just digest in your stomach and stop this nonsense now. Give me your hand" he said and grabbed my right hand turning me towards the wall.

I closed my eyes in fear again. He pushed my sleeve up and rubbed my upper arm.

He quickly stabbed me while speaking to me. A single tear escaped from my eye. The next second, his hand wiped my tear before it fells down. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

He smiled assuring me. He quickly arranged all his things and we both came out walking together.