Chapter 11

Rithika's pov :
After two days,
Everything seems to be normal though I hated being hospitalized. They made me take baby steps slowly after wasting my bucket full of tears.

After breakfast, Shreya took me for a walk in the corridor. She has to support me while walking because still I can't able to support my full body weight while walking.

We walked through an empty floor seeing nobody, not even a nurse. After turning left, we saw a pregnant lady seated in a chair at the last.

Without minding her, we both talked and slowly walked towards her. Suddenly, she pressed her stomach and screamed in pain.

"Help me, my water broke" she screamed. Still I have atleast 15 more steps to reach her.

"Shreya, you go and help her. I will manage here" I said and quickly touched the wall for support. After nodding at me, she ran towards her. She sat beside her and held her hands for support while she screamed.

I looked around for someone to help her but no one was there. After two minutes, a lady crossed the floor. I immediately shouted.

"Call a doctor here, please" she looked at the pregnant lady and immediately ran away.

She came back with few nurses and doctors. Doctors checked that lady and called for a stretcher immediately.

Two men came with a stetcher and they made her lay on it. She continuously screamed and shooked her head violently. Shreya and the other lady helped them.

Within a fraction of minute, they took her to OR with 2 nurses and doctors. Few nurses stayed here nervously. Shreya slowly came towards me.

"Thank you so much for your help" that lady whispered to us. I smiled at her awkwardly because we are the one to thank her.

"Why the hell there is no nurse here? What everyone doing?" she yelled at the three nurse and they all held their head down. Who is she?

"Answer me. Where is Rahul? What he is doing? Go and call him now" she said to them and one nurse immediately ran to call him. She acts like she is the owner for this hospital.

After a minute, Rahul came with that nurse. He looked at us first confusingly and then looked at that lady.

"What is happening here, Rahul? One pregnant lady was shouting here and not even a single nurse in this floor to help her. Luckily, they both called me and we helped her. Otherwise what would have happened?" she yelled with much power in her tone.

Rahul blankly looked at us when she whispered about us and again turned to her.

"Go and ask them. Why are you asking me? I already have many works to look after" he said irritating. Who are they?

"You're the one managing it now. Because of all your carelessness, she might have lost her baby" she yelled equally.

"Not now, please and don't exaggerate. Someone would have helped her definitely" he said with full attitude in his voice. I hate him for this careless attitude.

"You know what, it's utter waste to talk to you. Where is Rishi? Go and call him" she said. The next spoiler.

"Everyone have their work. We didn't recruit someone for just walking through all the floor in check" he said annoying. Shreya and I looked at each other clueless.

"Then do it. Who stops you from doing it?" she said while Rishi came with his full smile. He immediately moved towards her like going to hug her but she stopped him.

"Aunty, cool aunty. We will take care of this. Don't worry" he said and hugged her.

"Go and do your work everyone" he said to the nurses. We too felt like to move from there but Rishi stopped us.

"Aunty, this is them we told you right?" he said to her. Rahul just stared at us.

"Oh, how are you now?" she asked confusing me.

"Fine, how do you know me?" I asked her slowly.

"Because every night after work, my son will talk about your health to me" she said. I looked at Rahul and Rishi still confused. This is something new to hear.

"She is Rahul's mom" Rishi said finally revealing it. She is so kind.

"I just came here to check the hospital and I planned to meet you but here I met you both already. What's your name?" she asked us.

"He didn't say our names?" I asked her because she just now said that he talk about me.

"No, he always said that she, her friend and that girl. Nothing more about you other than your health" she said making everyone laugh at him.

"Rithika and she is Shreya" I said. She thought for a while.

"Your names seems familiar to me. Anyway nice to meet you both" she said and patted us both.

After few minutes of talking, we bid her and turned to leave. I still need to find about why Rahul behaved rudely at her.

When I took the first step, my ankle slipped causing me pain and I sat at the floor losing my balance. Shreya tried to hold me but everything happened so fastly.

I screamed and cried in pain hearing all the voices around. Everyone tried to console me but the pain increased. Soon I felt someone pull me up.

Rahul carried me in a bridal style and I held his shirt tightly. I cried in his chest while he walked fastly.

I don't know how his mother felt when he took me up but more than that, my pain surrounded my brain not letting me to think anything.

I would have been careful but now making everyone feel for me. I regret my actions. After three hard days, I tried to walk today but everything went flop. Now, again I have to start from the first.

More than that I don't know what they have kept for me in the name of treatment. These thoughts made me cry again.