15

Jungkook walks out of Namjoon’s room and stops abruptly when he sees you standing in the hall by the door. You give him a tight lipped smile and he does the same, adjusting his bag on his shoulder and making his way towards you.

You open your arms and he just drops himself onto you, hugging loosely.

“It’s okay. You did well, thank you for believing in me.” You pet down his messy hair and he sighs disappointingly.

“Mission failed, we’ll get em next time..” He pouts and you laugh, kissing his forehead comfortingly.

“Let’s go. They’re waiting.” You let him go and hold his hand on the way out.

Namjoon releases the blinds he was holding and slumps to the ground, hugging his knees.

“If you don’t find a home soon, they’re going to kill you!”

“They can’t do that, if they could, they would have done that a long time ago. Especially with all the things I’ve done..”

“Why do you think she’s so adamant about adopting you even when her own hybrids went against her to keep you?!”

Namjoon stands up and paces around his room, trying to think as to why Jungkook was so worked up about it.

“Look,” Yoongi whispers close to Namjoon, away from Jungkook. Namjoon leans back at the sudden proximity.

“I’m not an idiot to what you did.” Yoongi crosses his arms and Namjoon raises a brow.

“I’m warning you. You’re a hybrid.”

“I know that.”

“If you would shut-” Yoongi takes a deep breath and looks back at Jungkook who’s currently listening to music.

“We’re seen as pets. We’re not equal to our ‘owners’, or regular people. Pets don’t get the same treatment as people when they do what you did. You’re not getting adopted any time soon because of your record and because you’re so fucking stubborn.”

“So?”

“You’ll figure it out. You’re smart. Just know they’ll only treat you like a person when it comes to being a criminal.”

The word criminal repeats through his head, confused as to what Yoongi meant.

His eyes widen suddenly and he calls you.

-----🐨-----

“You’re very cute Jimin, but you have to shower today.” You smile at Jimin as he hides behind Yoongi, avoiding his duties.

“But I already showered..” He whispers and Yoongi tries moving but Jimin holds onto him.

“Your cat parts don’t count, Jiminie. You have to shower every day.” You look at Yoongi and his eyes avoid yours.

Jin senses the sudden change of mood, calling Jimin over.

“Jimin you wanna help me make cookies for Hobi? It’ll give you an excuse to not shower.” Jin smiles and Jimin jumps up, happily coming over to help in any way he can.

You look at Yoongi’s face but he can’t seem to bring himself to look at you.

You move your hair from your neck and release a calming scent for him, something the doctors left on you.

He shivers and hesitantly brings his eyes to meet yours.

“It’s okay.” You whisper to him.