23

“Hey, you don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to, but why doesn’t Jimin have to wear a bracelet even though he’s recently adopted?" Namjoon sits up in the car and Taehyung glances at him.

“He was adopted under different circumstances.” You keep your answer vague, Namjoon understands it’s not your place to explain. Although, Jimin might not even remember.

“So? How did you get adopted?” Taehyung suddenly asks and everyone looks at him.

“Taehyung.” You stop him but Namjoon decides otherwise.

“What time?”

“What?”

“What adoption are you asking me about?”

“Namjoon.” You stop him as well.

The car is silent for a few minutes and you continue looking outside.

“I only asked because he asked about Jimin-”

“Taehyung, he gave me the option to not answer and I kept it vague. We’re not doing this again.”

Taehyung rolls his eyes and looks outside, crossing his arms.

You all quietly let the music play in the car and Namjoon stares at your head, trying to imagine what your wolf ears would look like if you kept them. Not like you had a choice, of course.

You shake your head aggressively as if you feel something land on you, turning your head in his direction.

Namjoon keeps his big eyes on you and you unknowingly begin a staring contest with him, making him smile when he realizes what you’re doing.

He keeps it up until his eyes are watering, your own still not unwavering.

“Augh-” He blinks harshly and tears run down his face, making you laugh.

“I win!”

“No fair! Again!”

“No, not again. Your eyes are dry.” You giggle and he smiles, looking outside the window.

Taehyung stares into the rearview mirror and Yoongi glances at it to look behind him on the road, but jumps when he sees Taehyung’s dark eyes staring him dead in the face.

“I’m driving Taehyung, no I am not going to play staring contest with you.”

“Lame.”

-----🌙-----

When you all arrive at the restaurant, Jimin hops out of Hoseok’s car and Jungkook holds his hand as to not let him wander away from the group. Namjoon stares at their hands and glances at yours when you reach for the seatbelt once Yoongi parks the car.

He takes off his seatbelt and walks behind you, watching your hair flutter around in the wind.

“Namjoon?” You call after him and he jumps, blinking rapidly.

“Huh?”

“I said you’re gonna get run over, come on.” You wave him over hurriedly when a car beeps at him, scaring him over to your side.

You hum in amusement, keeping the two newbies close to you.

“What kind of restaurant is this?” Jungkook asks and Jin talks to the hostess about your reservation.

“It’s mostly for hybrids, but they welcome regular people if they decide to come in.” Yoongi explains as the hostess walks you all over to a private soundproof room.

Jungkook, Namjoon, and Jimin look around as you all walk in the room, the door shutting behind you.

“Why do we need a private room?” Jungkook asks.