10

"He's not set up for adoption, of course." Seokjin follows you around the house as you get ready to head to the shelter, again.

"Obviously. I'm not going to pressure him into staying here anymore, just hang out."

"Okay, do you plan on telling the excited rabbit about that?" He asks and you both turn to Jungkook, who's vibrating with happiness with his little bookbag you had gotten him. You smile and sit on a stool with your legs open, patting your thighs for him.

"Kook, come here for a sec." You open your arms for him and he jumps happily to you, stopping in between your legs. You brush his hair down and he whines.

"Noona, I just fixed it!" He fixes it back to how messy it was before, away from his face.

"It was messy, you don't want Namjoon to think you've become scruffy."

"I wanna show him I've become cool, and independent. Mature." He smiles widely and Hoseok shakes a bag from his room.

"My cookies!" He runs from your grasp and all you hear is footsteps and Hoseok's scream.

"I'm sure Namjoon will be happy to see him." You scratch your cheek and put on your bookbag.

"Cookies and all." Jin jokes and you sigh, dropping your head. He notices and goes to hug you, rubbing your back.

"What is it?"

"I'm scared he won't approve.."

"Why?"

"He said I hold things over him or something. Do I hold things over your head?" You look up at him but he seems to be thinking.

"Oh, my god. I do." You cover your face and he jumps and pulls your hands away from your face.

"I was trying to see if you did. I can't think of you doing that unless I needed it."

"Like what?"

"Like, when I first got here I was having way too much sugar and getting sick, I wouldn't listen to you so you told me that if I didn't listen when it came to that then you'd tell my doctor about everything I've been eating so she'd put me on a diet, knowing I love food."

"But I still do that."

"And that is why I'm still alive. Look, there's different levels to how serious things get when holding something over them. Sometimes it's for their health, like me, or it's letting them know it could have been worse, like Namjoon. Knowing him, you did good with telling him what could have happened. He doesn't see that having so many hybrids in the house who are healthy and safe is the sign that your home is safe. Yeah, we fight sometimes and things get weird but what household doesn't?" He kisses your palms and you smile at the gesture, cupping his cheeks.

"I'm glad I found you, you know that?" You give him a small peck on the forehead and he smiles, giving you a kiss on your cheek.

"I'm glad you found me."

Jimin tugs on the back of your shirt softly, gaining both of your attention.

"I want a kiss too.." He pouts and you bring him in between the both of you, giving him a faceful of kisses. He giggles loudly as you both continuously kiss his face. You both rub your noses on his cheeks and he blushes as his cheeks are squished, making him giggle more.

"Noona!" Jungkook jumps around Hoseok as you hug Jimin close to you, whining at your reminder to leave. You give him one last quick kiss and head to the door with your things, giving Jin and Hobi a kiss as well. Jungkook stares at them and plays with his sweater, bunny ears twitching.

"See you guys later." You nudge Jungkook out the door and close it behind you, walking to your car.

Jungkook stares at his reflection in the window while you get in, turning on the car. He doesn't get in. You lean over and tap the window, startling him. He quickly gets in and puts on his seatbelt.

"Something going on?" You ask.

He looks at you momentarily then shakes his head, rolling his lips between his teeth and balling the hem of his sweater in his fists.

"Jungkook?"

"Yes?"

"You want to tell me something before we go see Namjoon?" You turn up the heater and he shakes his head, turning it off. You watch him shake softly and you turn off the car, getting out and walking over to his side, opening the door. He jumps slightly at your actions and looks down at your crouched form.

"Are you afraid of telling me or afraid of what will happen if you tell me?" You ask in a soft tone as to not scare him further. He turns his attention to the carpeted floor of your car and you stand.

"Can you get out the car for me?" You take a few steps back and he shakily does as asked, taking off his seatbelt and standing in front of you.

"I'm sure you're afraid of what will happen if you tell me, so I will do this with you. I'll turn around and I'll be vulnerable for you. I can't do anything facing away from you, that okay?" You ask and he nods slightly. You turn around and take a step closer to him.

"I-I'm scared he's gonna be mad that I'm going to see him. Or that he doesn't want me with him, which is why he left.." He roughly pushes his own fingers around to express some frustration, an old habit he developed the first few times he was adopted from not being able to express himself properly.

"Jungkook, if he didn't want to see you or would have reacted poorly to your visit, I wouldn't even think about letting you see him. You can tell how someone feels about others when you mention them. Namjoon becomes more droopy and closed off than usual when I mention you." You pick at your nails and slowly turn to him. He kicks at the pavement and you hold out a hand. He takes it and you hold his one large hand with both of yours.

"You know that Namjoon wouldn't hurt you when he himself knows he's been dying to see you since you began staying here. If anything happens, I'll be right there with you."

"Noona, no offense and thank you for protecting me, but you're a lot smaller than him.." He sniffles and you pat his hands.

"So is everyone else in that house and yet I can still beat them in a fight. Come, we'll be late." You push his hair away from his face and get in your side of the car, turning on the car as he gets inside as well.

----🌙----

"Namjoon, I'm coming in."

"Fuck off." Namjoon shouts through the door and Jungkook tilts his head. You roll your eyes and open the door, pushing Jungkook gently to go first. He hesitates until you full on push him through the door, standing up straight. You close the door and quietly watch through the window.

"I told you to fuck off." Namjoon turns around from his tree and drops his book once he sees Jungkook. Jungkook stares at the discarded book of bunnies on a lost moon.

"Um, I came to visit?" Jungkook rubs his neck awkwardly and Namjoon gets up onto the ground, hesitant to get near in case he'll end up scaring him away like a real animal.

"I know, I should have given you a heads up, or some-" Jungkook gets interrupted by Namjoon's large arms wrapping around his neck, staggering at the sudden action.

Namjoon doesn't say anything but he's shaking, his fear increasing that he did something wrong. Jungkook slowly hugs his torso and hides his face into the older one's shoulder.

You sit down away from the window to give them some privacy, sighing in hopes Namjoon stays calm like this for a while. Looking at your phone, you see Yoongi had texted you a while ago.

Yoongles😼: I found someone connected to what happened to you