6

“I’m tired..” Jungkook complains and Namjoon puts down a box of books by him.

“All set?” You ask, putting on your coat.

‘We’re leaving?“ Jungkook shoots up and you nod.

"My shift is over, we can go.” You tell him and he quickly puts on his sweater along with Namjoon. You say goodbye to Jeongyeon who is taking over and walk out the door to your car, the boys on tow.

“I’m hungry.” Jungkook rushes into the passenger seat and you giggle at Namjoon who squints at him, taking his seat in the back instead.

“We have food at home, I’ll make something for you.”

“I heard that’s a lie.”

“What is?”

“We have food at home.”

“Yeah, well my house is full of hybrids so they eat a lot so I have to always have food.” You pat his head gently and make your way to the mall.

“I thought we were going home?” Jungkook asks and his heart swells at the sound of home coming from him.

“We are, but we need to get you two things first so you can be more comfortable.”

Namjoon looks at you and tries sniffing something out of you.

“Can you not try sniffing me?” You look at him through the mirror and he sits up.

He stares at your reflection and swears your eyes suddenly change color. He rubs his eyes to see better but sees they’re (e/c) like always.

“Your eyes just changed color.”

“What?”

“Your eyes changed.”

“We just drove in the sunlight.”

“No-”

“The store is so big!” Jungkook shouts, pressing his face into his window.

You park and unlock the doors, getting out.

“Now I don’t want you guys going so far away. For your safety stay near me and tell me where you want to go. If you want to go to different stores, you’ll take turns.” You all walk into the mall and Jungkook looks around slightly overwhelmed.

“What do you want to look for first?”

“What do we need?” He asks, holding your hand.

“Clothes, hygienic products, shoes.”

“We’re only staying for a week we don’t need so many things.” Namjoon tells you and you look around.

“How about this,” You walk them to a food court and Jungkook gets excited.

“Since we might be here for a while, we’ll eat something and then decide how it’ll go, yeah?” You ask and Jungkook nods quickly, wanting to get to the food part already.

You follow Jungkook to which food stop he wants and Namjoon scoots closer to you, uncomfortable with all the people staring at him in a suggestive way.

You gently hold his hand as you watch Jungkook order his food at a korean food stop. Namjoon looks down at your hands and up to your face, which is smiling at Jungkook from how happy he is to see food other than the daily sandwiches they get back at the shelter.

He likes how you care a lot for Jungkook almost as much as him, but doesn’t always agree with the methods you choose to get him to be independent. Maybe he’s the one who’s scared of losing Jungkook, or he just wants to feel like he has a sense of protection over someone to give him a reason to stay.