5

The rest of the night everyone is resting on the couch watching a movie but you can sense Namjoon’s discomfort.

“Namjoon, do you mind having a word?” You stand from your spot between Taehyung and Jimin and head to the door. Jungkook stands up with him and you look at him.

Walking outside the house, Namjoon takes in your words from earlier and holds up a hand to Jungkook, to which he just smiles at and holds his hand.

“Stay.” The one word makes Jungkook’s smile drop.

“I’ll be outside, you can sit in the kitchen to watch, but you have to stay here.” Namjoon tells him gently, but Jungkook looks like he just got screamed at.

“W-why? I wanna come..”

“I know, but if we want to get approved, we have to adapt. You want to get approved, right?” Namjoon feels a little guilty using Jungkook’s dream against him, but he knows it’s for the best.

“Y-yeah..”

“This can be our first step, sit in the kitchen for me.” He pets Jungkook’s ear comfortingly as they walk into the kitchen, Namjoon opening the curtain for him to see you.

Namjoon goes outside and closes the door.

“What.”

“What’s wrong?” You ask and he seems taken aback.

“Huh?”

“What, is wrong. You look more upset than usual.” You say and he scoffs in disbelief.

“You made me come out here and worry Jungkook for this?”

“I’m asking you for a reason.” You cross your arms and he sighs.

“Let me ask you something, actually.”

“Okay.”

“What are you?”

“Pardon?”

“You couldn’t have possibly heard Jungkook and I leave the room when you were in the living room.”

“I told you, I’ve lived here for a very long time. I’ve recognized every noise in this house.”

“Bullshit.”

“If you don’t want to believe me that’s fine.”

“You’re hiding something.”

“So are you, but you don’t see me probing your personal life.”

“Bringing me here is enough probing for a year.” He crosses his arms and shivers slightly.

“Why aren’t you cold?” He asks and you look around.

“It’s october.”

“It’s forty-five degrees out.”

“It’s really not that cold.”

He squints at you suspiciously and you glance behind him.

“Do you know Jin?” You suddenly ask.

“No.”

“You’re lying.”

“How can you tell?”

“You just proved it.”

He takes a step forward and you look up at him.

“You’re pissing me off.”

“Good.” You take a step closer and he inhales your perfume, causing him to take a step back.