9

It’s been two weeks since Jungkook has been adopted into your family and Namjoon has stayed in the shelter. You’ve been visiting him when you can, only getting very sparse reactions and responses from him.

“I’m back.” You walk into Namjoon’s room after going to get him food from outside.

He stares at the wall in front of him that Jungkook’s burrowing nest used to be placed in.

“How is he?”

“He’s okay. Sad of course, but eating well.”

“Hm.”

You look at him and sigh, giving him the bag of food he’s been wanting lately. He puts it on the floor.

“Namjoon.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“You’ve been saying that for the past two weeks..”

“You’d think you would have gotten the point by now, then.”

“Yoongi told me you failed your test on purpose.” You whisper and he goes stiff.

“And if I did?”

“Why would you do that?”

“I told you, I’m not comfortable with you.”

“But why-” You try to get closer to him but he jumps off his tree, baring his teeth at you in rage.

“You act all high and mighty but you’re just fucking guilt tripping us! You said they would give you our papers on the spot and they wouldn’t question you if you decided to do something fucked to us! Who the fuck says that? You really think I’m going to be comfortable with that? Knowing you could do anything and you’re just, what, holding that over our heads just because you’ve saved so many other hybrids? You may have fooled Jungkook, but not me. Know this, if I find out he’s hurt in any way shape or form, I’m coming for you. And you won’t have your little boyfriends to save you.”

“I only said that because knowing you, you would have asked what kind of stuff they would have done to you! Don’t you dare threaten me thinking I would hurt Jungkook. Because unlike you, I actually tried staying by his side!!” You shout and he tries swinging at you, screaming in your face. You grip his wrist and bare your teeth wildly at him in dominance. He stops and stares at your mouth and you gasp, letting him go and covering your mouth.

“What was that?” He takes a step closer to you and you take one back.

“I’ve never seen a human do that, nevertheless have-”

“Stop.”

“Come here.”

“No, not after your little spiel of me threatening you apparently.” You keep a hand over your mouth and he corners you, trapping you in between his arms.

“Open.”

“No!”

He grabs your chin roughly and pulls your face closer, pushing your wrists against the wall with his free hand. He pulls your jaw down and stares at your teeth.

“Where are they?”

“What?”

“They were just here.”

“I don’t have anything.”

“Then why did you panic.”

“Because I would never lay a hand on someone.” You remind him of his prior action.

“You didn’t raise a hand to me.”

“I know.”

“But you bared your teeth at me like an animal.”